d.o.t exam

Cementups

Box Monkey
We've lately been having our neck measured. They told me if my neck was more than 18 inches they would send me to be tested for a C-pap. I told them that's bullcrap since I've had an 18 inch neck since I was a teenager.

Indecisi0n

Everybody in my group had different experiences. I was drug tested and asked for medical history. One of the guys I went to orientation with had the same thing done plus testicular grabbing. Another guy same thing plus breathing.

Weird.
Are you sure he just didn't have hard breathing while getting his testicles checked?

badpal

It used to be if you could fog a mirror you were good to go.
Pretty much that way here, have not dropped by drawers for the doc in 10 years except for a urine sample. What is that for anyway? are they doing a drug test with that ?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
There is no drug test.

I was screwing with him.
th

TheMasochist

200 lbs? No problem - it's only my back
2 years ago for me it was a simple exam. Chest - eyes and that was it. This year it was more involved. Chest, eyes, turn my head and cough, stand with arms out-stretched eyes closed and palms up, touch my nose, internals such as my kidneys and such.
After all of that, finally the blood-pressure and a piss test!!

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Pretty much that way here, have not dropped by drawers for the doc in 10 years except for a urine sample. What is that for anyway? are they doing a drug test with that ?

Testing for sugar in your urine. If positive, more testing for possible diabetes.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I was issued a temporary DOT card, had to go back every 3 months , then every 6 months because of Hypertension.
One time they held me at the office for 2 hours, attempting to get my blood pressure down to an acceptable level, which included laying flat on the floor for an 1/2 hour.

Turned out that I developed Positional Vertigo , the most common form of Vertigo. Which disqualified me from driving , also loading PC.
Had to find a job that allowed me to stand up right a lot , not squatting or bending allowed.
I added this just in case someone out there may have had enough of driving and is looking for an alternative solution.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So you are suggesting that we "somehow" develop a disqualifying illness just to get out of driving?

I guess you white, liberal educated types will do just about anything to get out of work.

JL 0513

We've lately been having our neck measured. They told me if my neck was more than 18 inches they would send me to be tested for a C-pap. I told them that's bullcrap since I've had an 18 inch neck since I was a teenager.

You have to be joking. Did they seriously measure your neck?

Fat bastid

Anything less than 18" and you're a scrawny little dude if you ask me.

Who you callin' fat bastid?

timthumb.php