Dallas

bbsam

Staff member
No.

Randy Weaver never murdered anyone, the only "crime" he committed was failure to appear in court for a charge that he was later acquitted of. FBI sniper Lon Horiuchi shot Vicki Weaver from 200 yards away while she was unarmed and holding a baby.

In the Waco siege, the ATF/FBI had ample opportunities to arrest Koresh during the numerous occasions when he left the compound, but instead chose a heavily armed raid based upon faulty intelligence.
Both were prolonged sieges.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Agreed.

Another good idea is to do what they have done in my state and link your carry permit to the same data base that holds your drivers license and vehicle registration.

If a cop runs my license plate, he will be told that my car is registered to someone (me) who has a carry permit. So he already knows that fact as he is walking up to the car.

I got pulled over a few weeks ago for a California stop. The cop (female) approached my car as though I was armed and dangerous. I saw her at the station a few days later (I deliver there) and we were able to joke about it but she was all business at the time.

Yes, I pulled the "I work for UPS" card and got off with a verbal warning.

Johney

What is there to comment about other than the obvious?

Another shooting in america with assault style weapons, tons of ammos, cops killed by bullets that penetrated their vests and another AMERICAN NUTJOB with a gun trying to make a name for himself.

None of you give a CRAP about the dead policemen. None of you give a CRAP about the guns that are ending up in the hands of Americans with mental problems.

You ALL just want to rant about your concerns, then you will walk away and go back to ignoring what happened. Even in a case like this, NONE of you will step up and say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH and push for tighter gun restrictions.

GUNS is never the solution and in this case, we saw that.

All of you yahoos, who consistently claim that "if somebody just had a gun at the scene, this wouldnt have happened"... well,

that theory just went out the window.

The police had guns and rifles and they had to use an explosive in order to neutralize this shooter. Their guns were useless to stop him.

Those police that were killed may have survived if this shooter didnt have the kinds of ammo and weapons he used.

If his choices for this shooting were a bolt action rifle, he may not have committed this crime at all. The bolt action makes taking on a police department that much more ridiculous.

BUT today, nutballs can take a weapon and all the ammo they can carry, and kill anyone in this country. You people may not have reached a point where you say enough is enough, but someday, it may hit home and that might make a difference in your mind.

This country is full of hate, this country is full of violence and this country is full of guns.

The USA is a wreckless nation of gun owners and thats what makes us an embarrassment to the world.

TOS.
Nothing from you about a black guy wanting to kill white people especially white cops? Hypocrite.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
...or you could concentrate on teaching them the rules of the road so that they don't have to worry about what to do as they won't be getting pulled over...
Why not both?

Even the best and most responsible drivers make mistakes. Or have burned out taillights. The reality is that at some point in virtually everyone's adult life, they are going to get pulled over by the police and they need to know how to safely behave in that situation.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why not both?

Even the best and most responsible drivers make mistakes. Or have burned out taillights. The reality is that at some point in virtually everyone's adult life, they are going to get pulled over by the police and they need to know how to safely behave in that situation.

I would think (hope) that you wouldn't need to tell people how to behave in that situation but you do make a good point.

Johney

Pretty simple once your license is linked, unless of course you do not have a drivers license..........
They get on the bullhorn, tell you to get out of the car, put your weapon on the roof, hand in air then, while they are still in their vehicle with bulletproof glass, and kevlar armor on. Makes the perp a better target, gives the cop some leeway. Its not that difficult, you have to respect authority. Lots of time to argue the point later.
That has to be one of the most stupidest things I think I have ever read.

soberups

If his choices for this shooting were a bolt action rifle, he may not have committed this crime at all. The bolt action makes taking on a police department that much more ridiculous.

Ever hear of Charles Whitman?

In 1966 he murdered 16 people and injured 41 more from the tower at the University of Texas in Austin.

His weapon? A bolt-action hunting rifle with a magazine capacity of three rounds.

Your assertions about body armor are also factually incorrect. Level IIIA Kevlar police body armor is only designed to defeat low powered handgun rounds, shotgun pellets and knife attacks. Any normal hunting rifle bullet will easily punch right through it. Your great-grandfather's lever action 30-30 Winchester from 1894 will punch right through it.

Get your facts straight.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Nothing from you about a black guy wanting to kill white people especially white cops? Hypocrite.
Another CRAZY gun nut. Just your typical RACIST black man. Who wants nothing more than to KILL white folks.

Were you expecting something like this from TOS?

soberups

Pretty simple once your license is linked, unless of course you do not have a drivers license..........
They get on the bullhorn, tell you to get out of the car, put your weapon on the roof, hand in air then, while they are still in their vehicle with bulletproof glass, and kevlar armor on. Makes the perp a better target, gives the cop some leeway. Its not that difficult, you have to respect authority. Lots of time to argue the point later.
People who have undergone the time and training and extensive background checks necessary to obtain a carry permit are highly unlikely to illegally drive without a license. They are also highly unlikely to shoot a police officer during a traffic stop.
I have been pulled over 3 times in the 19 years that I have had a permit. Not once has the officer even asked if I was carrying a gun, even though he/she knew I had a permit before they approached the car. It was a complete non-issue.

oldngray

nowhere special
Earlier this week the media reported that Philando Castile was shot while sitting in a vehicle after he told police he had a legal concealed carry permit and was reaching for his wallet.

Castile reportedly “reached for his wallet” and was shot dead in cold blood.

His girlfriend made a video while he lay next to her dying of gunshot wounds.

Now here is the rest of the story—

First of all – Castile did not have a permit to carry according to local police.

Minnesota Police Officer Jeronimo Yanez is now telling his side of the story.

“Yanez’s attorney says not only did the officer react to the presence of a gun, he tells us that Castile that day failed to comply with a “do not move” order. Officer Yanez ultimately told Castile “do not move” and that he failed to comply with that order and that there was apparently a visible gun. We also went back and looked at the Facebook video and there are certain freeze frames that might indicate a gun on Castile’s lap. I spoke to the attorney of the officer and he said it would not be far fetched to assume that could very well be the gun on his lap because he said his client, the officer, actively responded to the presence of a gun. We have also heard police scanner audio… And that audio appears to indicate that the officer was telling dispatch that the day that the day he pulled that car over that he was pulling the car over because Castile fit the description of a wanted suspect in an armed robbery just a few days prior… The attorney said this would be a valid investigatory stop.

ANOTHER Media Narrative Fail: Castile Had Gun in His Lap, Failed to Comply to Do Not Move Order, Was Wanted for Robbery (VIDEO)

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
People who have undergone the time and training and extensive background checks necessary to obtain a carry permit are highly unlikely to illegally drive without a license. They are also highly unlikely to shoot a police officer during a traffic stop.
I have been pulled over 3 times in the 19 years that I have had a permit. Not once has the officer even asked if I was carrying a gun, even though he/she knew I had a permit before they approached the car. It was a complete non-issue.
In ohio you tell them, they tell you how to proceed

MAKAVELI

Earlier this week the media reported that Philando Castile was shot while sitting in a vehicle after he told police he had a legal concealed carry permit and was reaching for his wallet.

Castile reportedly “reached for his wallet” and was shot dead in cold blood.

His girlfriend made a video while he lay next to her dying of gunshot wounds.

Now here is the rest of the story—

First of all – Castile did not have a permit to carry according to local police.

Minnesota Police Officer Jeronimo Yanez is now telling his side of the story.

“Yanez’s attorney says not only did the officer react to the presence of a gun, he tells us that Castile that day failed to comply with a “do not move” order. Officer Yanez ultimately told Castile “do not move” and that he failed to comply with that order and that there was apparently a visible gun. We also went back and looked at the Facebook video and there are certain freeze frames that might indicate a gun on Castile’s lap. I spoke to the attorney of the officer and he said it would not be far fetched to assume that could very well be the gun on his lap because he said his client, the officer, actively responded to the presence of a gun. We have also heard police scanner audio… And that audio appears to indicate that the officer was telling dispatch that the day that the day he pulled that car over that he was pulling the car over because Castile fit the description of a wanted suspect in an armed robbery just a few days prior… The attorney said this would be a valid investigatory stop.

ANOTHER Media Narrative Fail: Castile Had Gun in His Lap, Failed to Comply to Do Not Move Order, Was Wanted for Robbery (VIDEO)
Lhttp://www.snopes.com/philando-castile-was-not-wanted-for-armed-robbery/
The claim that Castile was pulled over because he matched the profile of an armed robbery suspect is based on audio obtained by Minneapolis/St. Paul television station KARE, which purportedly captured officers discussing the reason for the traffic stop before the shooting occurred:

“I’m going to stop a car,” the officer says on the recording. “I’m going to check IDs. I have reason to pull it over.”

“The two occupants just look like people that were involved in a robbery,” the officer says. “The driver looks more like one of our suspects, just ‘cause of the wide set nose,” the officer continues.

Although the KARE report noted that the audio was provided by a viewer and had not been authenticated by officials, the license plate number mentioned in the audio did match Castile's car, and an alert had been issued about an armed robbery that occurred a few days before the shooting.

But while this audio may document that a police officer thought Castile might have resembled a person wanted for armed robbery, that didn't mean he was a "suspect" in an armed robbery case or that he was "wanted" for armed robbery — at the time he was killed, nothing linked him to such a crime other than that an officer momentarily thought Castile might have looked a little like someone who had committed a robbery.

The Conservative Treehouse took their shaky narrative a step further, however, and attempted to show that not only was Castile a suspect in an armed robbery case, but he was likely the man who committed the crime. The evidence provided, however, was flimsy at best:

[http://www]

The Conservative Treehouse claimed that the image on the left of the above-displayed graphic shows a gun on Castile's hip. While most viewers have a hard time even identifying the object seen in this picture, Conservative Treehouse boldly speculated that it was the very same weapon used in the armed robbery pictured on the right:

This hand gun also appears to be the same type of hand gun used in the Convenience Store Armed robbery four days earlier (7/2/16):

This is a far-fetched if not outright false claim. The object pictured on the left of the above-displayed image can hardly be identified as a gun, let alone a specific make and model of gun that can be matched to a blurry a picture of a robbery.

The web site also attempted to prove that Castile was involved in the armed robbery by connecting an image of Diamond Reynolds holding a carton of Newport cigarettes with a news story stating that an armed robber stole the same brand of cigarettes:

According to a press release from the St. Anthony Police Department, which contracts for police service in Lauderdale, the two robbed the Super USA store in the 2400 block of Larpenteur Avenue around 7:30 p.m., taking cash from the register andcartons of Newport cigarettes.

Of course, the fact that Reynolds was seen holding the same brand of cigarettes that were stolen days prior to her boyfriend's death is hardly proof of anything. The Newport brand represents more than 10% of the market share for cigarettes, according to the CDC, which consisted of more than 40 million smokers in 2014. This is a trivial detail at best and a coincidence at worst.

The Convservative Treehouse article also perpetuated the rumor that Castile was illegally carrying a firearm:

The above-displayed tweet is real and Conservative Treehouse actually did provide some context for the message. However, they also incorrectly concluded that there was no factual evidence that Castile had a Concealed Carry Permit:

According to a question presented to the local county sheriff who oversees the Concealed Carry Permit process, Mr. Castile had never requested a concealed carry permit (CCCP) from their office:

It is possible a CCP was obtained in another county, however the media are conflating “permit to purchase” with “concealed carry permit”. For some reason the CCP ownership is being amplified; it really has no bearing and is largely irrelevant for the context of the situation. That said, there is no factual evidence Mr. Philando Castile had a CCP.

While this Tweet was used as proof that Castile didn't have a CCP, the police station refuted this report on social media:

The police department also linked to a Star Tribune article which had confirmed that Castile indeed had a concealed carry permit:

Philando Castile had a valid permit to carry a gun when he was shot and killed by a St. Anthony police officer, a source confirmed to the Star Tribune.

In the video, Reynolds said Castile told the officer, Jeronimo Yanez, that he had a permit and was carrying a gun. Yanez shot Castile multiple times.

“He’s licensed to carry, he was trying to get his ID, his wallet out of his pocket and he let the officer knew he had a firearm and was reaching for his wallet,” Reynolds said in the video as a bloodied Castile lay in the driver’s seat dying.

Although the names of gun permit holders are not public under state law, a source confirmed Castile was issued the permit when he lived in Robbinsdale.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Ever hear of Charles Whitman?

In 1966 he murdered 16 people and injured 41 more from the tower at the University of Texas in Austin.

His weapon? A bolt-action hunting rifle with a magazine capacity of three rounds.

Your assertions about body armor are also factually incorrect. Level IIIA Kevlar police body armor is only designed to defeat low powered handgun rounds, shotgun pellets and knife attacks. Any normal hunting rifle bullet will easily punch right through it. Your great-grandfather's lever action 30-30 Winchester from 1894 will punch right through it.

Get your facts straight.

This is a great point. It doesnt suit your argument really, even though you "think" it does.

At the time, Charles Whitman used what would be considered today as OLD guns and ineffective against a police department today. However, at the time, his weapons were BETTER and more accurate than ANY of the guns the police had at the time rendering the police force USELESS to stop him.

Combined with a good vantage point and height, the police weapons could not reach the shooter and effectively giving the shooter the advantage by having the better guns.

It took 4 men, to breach the tower and take him out at close range at a great sacrifice to themselves.

Like in dallas, this shooter, had a weapon that was more powerful than that of the police department, carrying an SKS russian assault style weapon shooting ak47 .762 mm rounds designed to KILL whatever it hits.

This is why you are backwards in your thinking.

Todays shooters have the advantage over our current day police force just like Charles Whitman did.

And its people like YOU sober, that made that possible. Those that continue to promote, support and demand high powered guns are directly responsible for the NUTBALLS who end up killing policemen and civilians.

Like you, you have that mini 30, and there is NO justification for you to have such a weapon other than you just "want it". But when you lose your mind, and decide to take your grievances out on the general public, that mini 30 will give you advantage over the police and you would most likely kill one or more of them before you were eventually killed.

When gun owners promote the very weapons of death that kill policemen and citizens, then what we get is a violent nation determined to kill each other.

Thanks for bringing up whitman.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The greater embarrassment for our country thanks to gun owners is how our veterans serve this nation overseas in combat, fight in battles only to come home and be killed by an American Gun owner.

This policeman served three tours in iraq only to come home and die on an american street just so you could worship guns.

10403298_10205775327719683_6046033043108096425_n1467988571.jpg

A country of animals with guns.

TOS.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Blacks make up 12 percent of the population. They are twice as likely to be killed by police officers than whites are. Nice try.
you left out the fact and it is a fact that non whites are responsible for 90% of violent crime in the U.S. nice try.

read the articles in the guardian and the observer. google percentage of whites killed by police officers.

the stats don't lie.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

you left out the fact and it is a fact that non whites are responsible for 90% of violent crime in the U.S. nice try.

Nonwhites commit at least 90 percent of all violent crimes in America, and the least white cities are the most dangerous, an analysis of the latest Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) crime statistics has revealed.

(Anyone can Google)