Damage Call Tags

AKCoverMan

A damaged package situation on Friday caused me to think of something.. has anybody seen a Damage Call Tag lately or are we no longer picking up damaged packages for inspection as part of the claim process?

barnyard

KTM rider
Our preload is supposed to be working to catch and inspect potential damages before they get loaded. Numbers are posted regularly with how many are discovered by preload, by drivers, and called in by customers. Last I looked, we were under 5 found by customers (I cannot remember if the stats were by the week or month.)

tre305

We still get em and I process em but what I have noticed sometimes is when I open one to inspect it and process it, upon observation I notice nothing wrong with the contents inside. Nothing broken, nothing missing, etc. So I don't really know what to put in when I process it as a damage. If I don't find anything wrong with it, wouldn't it be considered a refused rather than having a damage call tag on it?

AKCoverMan

I have not seen one in a long time which is why I started the post. When I do have one I never "inspect" the damage, I am simply the carrier. Sometimes customers want to take the stuff out of the box to show me and I have to explain I am not the one who will process the claim. But I'll look just to make em happy if they insist.

Then I turn it over to the clerk back at the bldg.