Damages

oldngray

nowhere special
I would follow chain of command and do what your center management tells you to do even if it goes against that was UPS previously stated policy. They may be trying to fudge their numbers but it will be on them if there are any repercussions.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would follow chain of command and do what your center management tells you to do even if it goes against that was UPS previously stated policy. They may be trying to fudge their numbers but it will be on them if there are any repercussions.

100% disagree.

Follow the DIAD training. Your local mgt team would be hard pressed to discipline you for following the rules, albeit not "their" rules.

oldngray

nowhere special
100% disagree.

Follow the DIAD training. Your local mgt team would be hard pressed to discipline you for following the rules, albeit not "their" rules.

You may not have been informed of policy changes since the DIAD training so you should rely on center management for the latest instructions. You would have a much stronger case of following what your center manager tells you to do than a vague "well the UPS video said to do it another way".

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You may not have been informed of policy changes since the DIAD training so you should rely on center management for the latest instructions. You would have a much stronger case of following what your center manager tells you to do than a vague "well the UPS video said to do it another way".

Video?

It's called DIAD training for a reason.

This is why retiree's should refrain from posting in the operations forum.

oldngray

nowhere special
Video?

It's called DIAD training for a reason.

This is why retiree's should refrain from posting in the operations forum.

Same logic applies to DIAD training. There is a time lag between a training module being developed and implementation. Center management should still have the most recent policies. I am surprised you are arguing for going against your center manager considering your close relationship with your center management.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Corporate says to sheet as missed.

His center manager says to sheet as refused even though he never made contact with the customer.

I'd say some ethical rules are being broken.

Really? YOU of all people are judging what is ethical?
Do you think that when YOU sign customers names for packages?

WAD and document all of it so if they try to get you on dishonesty, a good steward or BA will hang them by your documentation.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Same logic applies to DIAD training. There is a time lag between a training module being developed and implementation. Center management should still have the most recent policies. I am surprised you are arguing for going against your center manager considering your close relationship with your center management.

I am surprised you are debating this issue in an intelligent manner based on your history of offering little of substance to this or any forum.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
that's the training I got.

sheet as missed, type DAM in remarks

Same here.

And if they instruct me to sheet it as refused, I will not falsify records. I will not sheet it, bring it back to the center and let management sheet it on the center board and falsify records.

Whargoul

I show it to the customer and let them decide. I usually tell them that the condition of the package is unacceptable and they should refuse it. The diad training I did says we sheet as missed but my sups get all ornery about "missed". If I don't sheet it then they get more ornery about that.

CHALLY9TX

It's simple. FOLLOW THE DIAD TRAINING. Let management burn themselves. If you are asked to do something that contradicts the diad training tell them "No. I am following the diad training" If they want to push the issue get a steward involved.

UPSGUY72

The reason why your being told to sheet the damaged box as missed instead of damaged is because once you sheet it as damaged the process of paying the claim starts then. When you bring it back to the building and they find out that nothing is actually damaged stopping the claim from going through is just about impossible.

Ecw21411

Corporate says to sheet as missed.

His center manager says to sheet as refused even though he never made contact with the customer.

I'd say some ethical rules are being broken.
Our management in my center wants us to bring the package to the pm clerk if it's damaged and we are forbidden to sheet as missed even though the training tells us to sheet as missed

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our management in my center wants us to bring the package to the pm clerk if it's damaged and we are forbidden to sheet as missed even though the training tells us to sheet as missed

The next time that you are asked to do this take a cell phone pic of the label and track the package to see what kind of exception code your mgt team used.

T

Turdferguson

The next time that you are asked to do this take a cell phone pic of the label and track the package to see what kind of exception code your mgt team used.
Do not take a picture with your cell phone. Write the tracking # down, but don't take a picture