Damn you taxes...

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Says who?

Most Make their own fortune. I'm not against giving someone a hand up. I refuse to give someone a hand out. 99% it ends up being a hand out.

At 40 years old my wife's sister was begging her 22 year old college student sister for money. Nope sorry if you really want to you'll figure it out.

I'll agree with this to an extent. The game is more rigged then it's ever been nowadays so it's harder to make any fortune unless you're born into it etc etc.

I think compassion has to be firm but also have balance.

MAKAVELI

Like I said. We do poor better than most.

But wealthy I figure you gotta get up over 500k a year easy.
300k is nowhere near poor. That's upper middle class. Even in CA you'd be doing pretty good. Nice home in a nice neighborhood, nice cars and a little left over to play with. Add kids in the mix and it would definitely change your lifestyle a bit.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
here is my paycheck....
Wage Hours Amount
REGULAR 33.700 40.00 = 1,348.00 FICA 112.16
- OVERTIME 50.550 6.05 = 305.83 FICA MEDICARE 26.23
- PROD BON 50.550 3.07 = 155.19 FEDERAL TAX 360.90
- TOTAL HOURS WORKED 46.05 ST TAX- PA 55.54
- CURRENT TOTALS 1,809.02 SUT EMPL DEDCT 1.27
Town 18.09
-
- TOTALS 575.19
- DEDUCTIONS
- ROTH 54.27
- UNITED WAY'15 2.00
- TOTALS 56.27

NET amount = $ 1,177.56

Where's your union dues?

Overpaid Union Thug

I have to disagree with this----$50K for a family with kids would be tight.

Only if they became a slave to the lender. As Americans we aren't required to buy lavish houses or to take on two new car payments.
This would totally depend on where you live.

And mostly HOW you choose to live. Here in the South $50k could be stretched very far. My wife and I lived on $40k/year when I first started as a TCD a little over 10 years ago. We had one kid, one paid off SUV, one modest compact truck payment (paid it off a long time ago), and a decent apartment. We both had a cell phone but the smart phone craze hadn't started yet. We bought used or cheap (quality) furniture and didn't take expensive vacations.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'll agree with this to an extent. The game is more rigged then it's ever been nowadays so it's harder to make any fortune unless you're born into it etc etc.

I think compassion has to be firm but also have balance.
It's no more rigged then it's ever been.

There have always been and will always be wealthy families. There's also people who invent things that make them billionaires. Always have been always will be.

Difference now is more people think the rich owe them.