Damn you taxes...

T

Turdferguson

Do you have unusual expenses? $300K is doing damn well. It's not rich but I would say it's at least the beginning of "wealthy". Wealthy is defined differently for everyone though.

The median salary for a doctor (general practice) in the US is $137K. The median income for a lawyer is $89K. Surprised? Lawyers have a reputation for making a lot but you have to be at the top of your game to make big money.

You and your wife are making more than a possible two doctor household. I would say that's good money. What is your wife doing??
Hooking?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Do you have unusual expenses? $300K is doing damn well. It's not rich but I would say it's at least the beginning of "wealthy". Wealthy is defined differently for everyone though.

The median salary for a doctor (general practice) in the US is $137K. The median income for a lawyer is $89K. Surprised? Lawyers have a reputation for making a lot but you have to be at the top of your game to make big money.

You and your wife are making more than a possible two doctor household. I would say that's good money. What is your wife doing??
She puts people to
Sleep.

She has a 2k a month school loan payment so that puts a dent in our income for sure. We also currently have a mortgage payment and rent a house.

Trust me I know we do well. I just hate when people throw around the word wealthy.

Overpaid Union Thug

Not true at all. Most huge wealth is inherited and has been passed over and over. That's why estate tax laws are like they are.

Your assumptions about the average person are way off too.

Not quite....

http://www.2knowmyself.com/do_most_rich_people_inherit_their_money

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49167533 (read this one carefully)

And less stick to your narrative for a moment. Remember what I said about people squandering wealth? That would still apply. And most importantly....so what if someone inherited wealth. So what if they inherited it and didn't squander it. That doesn't make it unfair and and certainly doesn't make it illegal.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Inventing new products or a new way of doing business is about the only way to get bill gates rich.

What are you considering rich?

Law or medical degrees get you pretty good pay right off the bat.

Not smart enough? Tough :censored2:. Not everyone DESERVES to be rich.
My comment is more about the .001% that own most the wealth in this world.

The other stuff you mention I would consider comfortable but not rich on the level of those in the majority that control most of the wealth, the industries and everything else that trickles down.

JL 0513

I'll agree with this to an extent. The game is more rigged then it's ever been nowadays so it's harder to make any fortune unless you're born into it etc etc.

I think compassion has to be firm but also have balance.

The system being "rigged" or stacked against people is another "unintended consequence" of liberalism. Which is why it's so ludicrous that liberals are crying over these things right now.

The #1 reason why a startup has such a hard time nowadays is regulations, regulations, regulations. Liberals continue to pile on regulations and then complain about big corporations getting bigger, LOL. Um, they just created an environment where only the big boys can play the game. Companies now need teams of people just to comply with regs. Mom and Pops can't comply with thousands of pages of rules.

Big government has made opening a business damn close to impossible. Why do you think most restaurants are chains now? Most independent shops you see are the ones that went up decades ago and remain popular enough to stay open. Try building a new shop on a new piece of land today and meet the million requirements. Good luck!

I was listening to a CEO of a major chain the other day say he can barely get a store built in California and other states. All the while he is easily expanding overseas where it is no problem putting a restaurant up quickly and easily. Truly sad and a tragedy for this country's future.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Not quite....

http://www.2knowmyself.com/do_most_rich_people_inherit_their_money

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49167533 (read this one carefully)

And less stick to your narrative for a moment. Remember what I said about people squandering wealth? That would still apply. And most importantly....so what if someone inherited wealth. So what if they inherited it and didn't squander it. That doesn't make it unfair and and certainly doesn't make it illegal.
Your 1st link is an infomercial type website selling a book. Seriously? You need to learn how to google better.

The 2nd link is mostly about wealth made from the recent technology boom of the last 20 or so years. I'll agree with some of it.

My narrative is more about the families like DuPont and Waltons who inherited their wealth from being powerhouses in long time industry.