Dangerous Delivery

ManInBrown

I am a 30 yr employee and a 23yr driver. I just returned to work last week from a lost time injury after being off for 10 weeks.

Apparently while I was gone a driver on the route next to mine had some kind of problem with a customer. The customer called UPS..I am not sure what number he called.. and said "If a UPS driver ever comes in my garage again I will shoot and kill him"

My center held his packages and I guess a person in security has talked to him and UPS has now decided it is safe to deliver there now. I think the CIA talked to the Orlando shooter a couple of times..

Well of course they are cutting my route Monday which puts me on a combo route making me the first one to deliver to this clown.

What would you do in this situation? If UPS really cared about our safety, I would think this guy would have just given up all of his UPS privileges!
I wouldn't step foot on that customer's property. If it's a DR package, it would be left right at the mailbox. If it's a package that needs to be signed for, the customer would find an info notice stuck to his mailbox

Re-Raise

What I know about him is that he is pretty young and is home all day while his wife works. This indicates to me that he may have some type of mental problem and could possibly be on meds.

He also didn't yell this in a moment of anger...he actually took the time to find a UPS contact number and tell the person he planned to shoot and kill the driver.

He might be a real threat

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Maybe the customer was having a bad day and made a mistake. Fine. But mistakes have consequences. His become no more deliveries. If this really happened, there isn't a chance in hell I would deliver to this guy. Nothing management said would change my mind. If management was aware of this, then directed a driver to deliver to this guy's land and something happened to that driver, UPS would have a huge liability in both money and public image.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Nope. Drop box by the road or will call.

I'd do you one further: never go on his property. You say you're killing a UPS driver, you lost all rights to get a delivery on your property. Like I said, actions have consequences. If a driver threatened someone at work like this, he or she would never be allowed on a UPS property ever again. Consequences.

If management felt that strongly about it, let them deliver it.

542thruNthru

Uh... why are you all leaving it up to the company. Nothing says the driver can not inform the police. This is a serious threat. Have the driver call the police.