Dangerous Delivery

542thruNthru

Yup.

They would advise you to consult with your employer on how to handle deliveries at this location.

Uh... no.

I inform the police that a man is threatening to kill me and coworkers and you think they would say "Oh talk to your HR about that." Nice try man. A threat of someone's life not only a company matter.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Uh... no.

I inform the police that a man is threatening to kill me and coworkers and you think they would say "Oh talk to your HR about that." Nice try man. A threat of someone's like a not only a company matter.

Was the threat specifically directed at or made directly to you?

You cannot report a threat based on heresay.

Haven't you ever watched Judge Judy?

billerz

I would dr his stuff at the road, if he complains, then I'd will call it. Like someone said earlier, I wouldn't risk my life for this job.

signs like this are seen quite often on the routes i do
FullSizeRender.jpg

ArcherUTR

Was the threat specifically directed at or made directly to you?

You cannot report a threat based on heresay.

Haven't you ever watched Judge Judy?

So if my roommate told me that while I was working that my girlfriend's crazy felon ex-boyfriend came by the house looking for me and was told to tell me that "he is looking for me, and when he finds me he's going to put a bullet in my head", that you are saying that I can not then call the police to report this threat because it is hearsay?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I'd say that customer as just having a bad day, everybody has them. He has had a cooling off time, and is probably fine, unlike the many, many other people who keep it all inside, those are the one's you worry about.
Ummm...no.
It's one thing to "have a bad day" and raise your voice or use a few choice swear words, and then apologize later once you have cooled off. I have been there and done that myself and and I am perfectly willing to forgive someone for overreacting or blowing off a little steam.

Threatening to shoot and kill someone takes it to a whole new level of crazy, one that I am not at all willing to play at. If a customer ever threatened me or a co-worker like that I would not set foot on their property again. The UPS "security" person who talked to that person on the phone isn't the one who is going to be walking up to their house in the dark next winter. If they feel so confident about it, let them make the delivery.

Overpaid Union Thug

I am a 30 yr employee and a 23yr driver. I just returned to work last week from a lost time injury after being off for 10 weeks.

Apparently while I was gone a driver on the route next to mine had some kind of problem with a customer. The customer called UPS..I am not sure what number he called.. and said "If a UPS driver ever comes in my garage again I will shoot and kill him"

My center held his packages and I guess a person in security has talked to him and UPS has now decided it is safe to deliver there now. I think the CIA talked to the Orlando shooter a couple of times..

Well of course they are cutting my route Monday which puts me on a combo route making me the first one to deliver to this clown.

What would you do in this situation? If UPS really cared about our safety, I would think this guy would have just given up all of his UPS privileges!
I would Same Day Will Call each and every one of the packages for that address. I have a few places all over my center's delivery zone that I will not deliver to anymore. If I notice them before I leave the building I leave them there. If not then it's SDWC every time. Its just not worth taking a chance with those people. Its sad that our management team won't always back us up on these. Particularly the ones where the customer actually told an OMS, or other supervisor, about their intentions.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
View attachment 86002 The gate is always locked, but even if it was wide open I'd still leave his crap at the gate.
Oddly enough, if he ordered a lot of ammo and gun parts online I would have no worries about going there. The last thing a gun nut is going to do is give a hard time to the person who delivers his guns and ammo. And the big brown UPS truck with flashing lights is a dead giveaway that I am not a trespasser.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Back in the day Drivers would have taken care of this on their own. throw a yellow rts sticker on any pkg for that address
Never to be seen again

Re-Raise

I just went through the whole "How could you have avoided injuring yourself?" interrogation that follows any type of workplace injury.

They want us to deliver 150# packages and never get hurt!

They claim we can crawl over a truck load of packages to follow ORION trace while still "getting close to the package and lifting with a smooth steady motion"!

They think we can avoid all dog bites by "saying UPS as we walk up to the house"!

Here is a case where I know it could be dangerous and they still choose to take the money and risk my safety. It makes all their safety talk bull:censored2: in my opinion.

Edd Orion

I just can't believe you can threaten an employee of a business and the business doesn't deny you services from then on. Why do we have to deliver to him? Who knows how crazy he is?

The company thinks I can't walk up and down the steps of my package car without one hand on the handrail, but will send me onto the property of someone who said they will shoot and kill me?!?

I guess it makes sense to you, but it doesn't make sense to me.
This happened to me a few years back, customers dog tried to bite me, so I feed him the box, customer called, said if I ever come back there will be consequences, I told security I feel threatened and would not deliver there, they made customer pick up all pkgs at hub, then one day about a year later, I had a package for their house, call center manager and refused to deliver it. Ups doesn't care one bit about our safety!

NonDeliverOtherMissed

I just can't believe you can threaten an employee of a business and the business doesn't deny you services from then on. Why do we have to deliver to him? Who knows how crazy he is?

The company thinks I can't walk up and down the steps of my package car without one hand on the handrail, but will send me onto the property of someone who said they will shoot and kill me?!?

I guess it makes sense to you, but it doesn't make sense to me.
Find the package in the morning, leave it at the building and tell your sup. you don't feel safe delivering it. End of story....nothing they can do to you about it.....or sheet as emergency conditions...be the same as if his driveways is snowy...YOU DONT FEEL SAFE

Hump dump and roll

I am actually really surprised by your response. To say he "is probably fine" is amazing to me. If I went into a business and threatened to shoot and kill an employee there I would be arrested.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner.

Imagine if he said this at the customer counter. Do you think the Sup/manager or LP would be cool with this loose cannon coming back? Noooooo.

They don't care about you; you're just part of the package delivery assemble line, you die you get replaced. Don't slow down the line.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner.

Imagine if he said this at the customer counter. Do you think the Sup/manager or LP would be cool with this loose cannon coming back? Noooooo.

They don't care about you; you're just part of the package delivery assemble line, you die you get replaced. Don't slow down the line.

Have you ever been at the customer counter? People threaten stuff all the time.