Dangerous Delivery

Re-Raise

Maybe it is different here, but here, security will fire you pretty quick if they find cause, but would not send you somewhere they thought could be dangerous for you to go.

I would have only a little apprehension about going there the first time, but if you feel you are in danger, then don't go.
My apprehension isn't the point. I don't think he has any rights to ever getting a delivery again.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Boy some of you drivers are wussies I'd use the p form of that word but I can't. Let a customer come and try to fight me. I'd be glad to break their nose and take all their things in court. Man up! Most of the drivers I know are tough guys some loser who stays at home all day ain't got nothing on a real 10 hour a day blue collar working man
I'm guessing you just load 'em and don't deliver 'em. Tough guy.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
What? I am pretty sure I could kick this nut job's ass. That isn't the point.

Do any of you know people who have been shot and killed. I do.

Are you saying we go and beat or kill problem delivery consignees?

Or just don't deliver to them?

Don't deliver / We had one nut job that threatened driver, while the on-car was on the truck with him.

No more ups for you. ( Seinfeld reference )

ManInBrown

The best is after you drop the package at the door someone comes rushing outside. "Can I help you" Um no you can't. When i walk away after dropping a package off at the door, and I hear them open the door, if they don't say anything to me like thank you. I just keep walking. If they acknowledge me I say have a nice day or something like that. So I had a customer a few months ago come outside and was angry that I didn't turn around and greet him as I was walking away. I'm not the welcoming committee. He says to me "Hello. What's wrong? I say what do you mean what's wrong? LOL. You have a package. Like he was all pissed I didn't thank him for delivering his package.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Boy some of you drivers are wussies I'd use the p form of that word but I can't. Let a customer come and try to fight me. I'd be glad to break their nose and take all their things in court. Man up! Most of the drivers I know are tough guys some loser who stays at home all day ain't got nothing on a real 10 hour a day blue collar working man

You mean besides a gun?

Star B

White Lightening
The best is after you drop the package at the door someone comes rushing outside. "Can I help you" Um no you can't.
I've said "Yes you can, grab your lunch, I've got an extra uniform shirt in the truck. Hurry up, we've got 40 more stops to go for the day."

To add to the discussion: If this ever happened to me. Every package would be DEX 8 (closed/not in), scan comments entered, and brought back to the station for pickup

10 point

Just telling you how I feel on the subject. You can feel free to do whatever you want to do. Don't go in the garage, not that big of a deal, probably has contraband there that he does not want you to see.
Or a twelve yr old girl tied up.
I'd say that customer as just having a bad day, everybody has them. He has had a cooling off time, and is probably fine, unlike the many, many other people who keep it all inside, those are the one's you worry about.
Then how did that lady in a north Ohio hub get terminated for saying less than that and the union upheld her termination?
Explain the difference ... is it because this customer threatened a driver instead of management? Our lives are expendable whereas management safety is all that matters?

The company should red tag his address and any packages to his name as directly sent to will call.

Other non-delivery emergency conditions

10 point

So why does everyone want to endanger the customer counter people all the time?
Then send the pkgs back when they get to the destination center/hub. IDC.

No one should have to deal with threats of being killed on the customer's property. That's what he said... basically "go into my garage and I'll kill you".
Heck the company has allowed sting setups using customer counter people and the local union did nothing about it until I protested it here.
The issue is that unless management is threatened with violence they tell us to get a sense of urgency and keep moving.