Dangerous Delivery

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Do you remember what the threat was? Don't go into my garage, or I'll kill....

Sounds like the garage has everything to do with it. Never had a problem with stuff being delivered to porch. I still contend there was something in the garage that triggered that reaction.
If you feel like betting your life on that, be my guest. I don't. If a person is irrational and angry enough to threaten to murder someone, I'm not going to give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to parsing their words.

soberups

We put entry codes in C-Pad all the time. What if one of our drivers was accused of theft while making a delivery? Would the company be liable?
This is one of the things I like about Telematics. I was questioned once by a customer who had had thousands of dollars worth of tools stolen from his garage. I had the code to his gate and had made a delivery on the same day of the theft. Had he accused me of anything, Telematics would have showed that I parked, opened the BH door, scanned the package, hit stop complete, and started the engine back up and driven away in about 45 seconds. Its pretty tough to steal a bunch of equipment from a garage in 45 seconds.

soberups

Boy some of you drivers are wussies I'd use the p form of that word but I can't. Let a customer come and try to fight me. I'd be glad to break their nose and take all their things in court. Man up! Most of the drivers I know are tough guys some loser who stays at home all day ain't got nothing on a real 10 hour a day blue collar working man
Real men don't need to fight in order to prop up their ego. And I value my job enough that I am going to turn and walk away from any encounter with a customer that looks like it could lead to violence. I don't have anything to prove.

10 point

Real men don't need to fight in order to prop up their ego. And I value my job enough that I am going to turn and walk away from any encounter with a customer that looks like it could lead to violence. I don't have anything to prove.
Yes sir I agree and many bad dudes have died from lead poisoning.
One of our drivers was rated at the top of the nation's black belts. Quick and lethal dude...
but scared to death of people who packed heat and rightfully so.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Just stay out of trailer parks!

upload_2016-6-27_20-9-25.png

BrownArmy

Will call, end of story.

Wow, reading some of these responses, I'm surprised.

I guess I have rational supervisors, they would all have my back on a situation like this, no question.

Flag the stop, every package is held for customer pickup.

Johney

Will call, end of story.

Wow, reading some of these responses, I'm surprised.

I guess I have rational supervisors, they would all have my back on a situation like this, no question.

Flag the stop, every package is held for customer pickup.
That's nice now let the lonely customer counter clerk deal with the psycho who is now really pissed cause he has to drive there to get his packages. Didn't think that one through now did they? How about "have your crap shipped by another carrier we aren't servicing you"!

Re-Raise

... so what happened OP ?
That is if you are still alive
Short conversation with management Monday. I told them I would place the package in a bag under the tree at the end of his lane. I found out he does work part-time in town and went by there to have a talk with him.

He wasn't there that day but the manager there is a friend of mine so I tild him I would be back.

I am just not going back in the timber on his property.