Dannyboy's 5000th Post!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Stug

Dont hold your breath.

I might start back over at 1.

As long as Tie and some of the others have been here, we actually have more posts that is shown. There are tons of posts that have fallen by the wayside since 2000 & 2001.

I was searching for one the other day, about a package that got lost. They had tried to find it for over two weeks, and no success. Posted here, and we ended up turning on the heat and he had it in two days.

The item lost? A device that measures the tiles on the space shuttle.

d

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Steve you only trail Danny by 749.
Took Danny 8 yrs 4 months.
At your present pace you should reach the 5000 milestone in 3 yrs easily.
Impressive bordering on obsessive.

tieguy

Banned
As one of the old timers here I'm surprised your total is not much more. But then you do have a life.:happy-very:

congrats on 5 k.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
And I'm not even being asked to leave either.:wink2:

Tie, While you and I might argue about the best way to get from point A to point B, Usually on the end result we agree. And when not, we agree to disagree.

Ive lost non of the passion since our first exchange over Avon, I just try and do it differently. But sometimes I do screw up.

d

P

pickup

Well, he hit the mark. Dannyboy, as of this writing, has 5,004 posts. I believe his 5,000 post was about him giving some thoughtful advice to a young man deciding between law enforcement and ups management.

Dannyboy, I am a relative newcomer to this forum. I always like your posts, although sometimes(and I said sometimes) the "suffer no fools" attitude comes out too soon. More often than not, that attitude comes out at the right time. Anyway, I remember a conversation we had that probably had nothing to do with ups.
We both walked away realizing we agreed when initially we thought we didn't . Which reminds me, what was it about a certain case that you mentioned where the guy was up for a death penalty charge even though he didn't kill anyone? I asked about what the charge was and the circumstances surrounding it. I remember you said "you would find out more on friday" , a friday that has long since passed. Does this jog your memory?

Anyway, you can now claim with upstateny , the title of "proud member of the 5,000 post club" . While you are with questionable :wink2:company, hopefully you can add some dignity to that club now that you have the key to the door (yes , a jestful swipe at upsnewyorker)

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Pickup

5000 posts is very much like getting up today.

While its nice to know you've been blessed with another day, and it that setting it is special, there is nothing really special otherwise.

The setting you referred to was a serial rapist that had kidnapped another woman. The choice was either plead and be given life without parole, or they would seek the death penalty. While I have been slow in getting more information, I am still researching the case.

What I do know is that he did plead, and he is serving life without parole. How exactly it got to that point I still am researching.

As for not suffering fools very well, I guess it comes from a lifetime of fools self destructing around me. No matter how much you want to help, you just cant fix stupid. They have to want to fix it. And to fix it, they have to recognize it for what it is, first.

Best

d

P

pickup

5000 posts is very much like getting up today
As for not suffering fools very well, I guess it comes from a lifetime of fools self destructing around me. No matter how much you want to help, you just cant fix stupid. They have to want to fix it. And to fix it, they have to recognize it for what it is, first.

d

I figured your reason was something like that.

I also figured you wouldn't regard the 5,000 post as something special, but we threw parties for everyone else , I didn't want you to feel left out.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Pickup

Thanks for the thought.

There are many posters here that I respect more highly that I would myself. Its just that some are not as outspoken.

As for feeling left out, thats kinda like "we want to make sure everyone wins" mentality.

Sorry, in todays world, there are winners and losers. Been that way for eons.

(got to meet one of the winners in life's lottery last weekend though. Won 650 million a few years back. Ya wanna talk serious cars.......)

Its not that important that you make it to 90 years old, its what you did during that 90 years that sets you apart and special.

d

NHDRVR

As one of the new guys here I see how involved and how much you have to care to make yourself heard. It's actually quite a help for the new hires.

Anyways....

Shoot for something profound...

A state of the company address, if you will...

P

pickup

Pickup

Thanks for the thought.

There are many posters here that I respect more highly that I would myself. Its just that some are not as outspoken.

As for feeling left out, thats kinda like "we want to make sure everyone wins" mentality.

Sorry, in todays world, there are winners and losers. Been that way for eons.

(got to meet one of the winners in life's lottery last weekend though. Won 650 million a few years back. Ya wanna talk serious cars.......)

Its not that important that you make it to 90 years old, its what you did during that 90 years that sets you apart and special.

d

Okay, I gotta chomp at the bait here. How did this winner win 650 million? I thought the highest prize in a lottery for a single winner has not yet exceeded 400 million? Is "life's lottery" a metaphor for something else?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
OK, hows this.

Unless you win life's lottery, about the best you can do is earn money the old fashioned way, work for it.

That being said, the only difference between the guy that retires to enjoy retirement and the one that has to pick up the greeter job at Walmart, is that one of the people learned money is a tool. And to waste it only means you have to re-earn it before its too late.

At UPS, you are destined to make at least a million dollars in your lifetime at work. Some closer to two million or more.

That makes our vocation a very well paying vocation. One where you did not have to pay off a $250,000 student loan.

Be thankful. In all things be thankful.

d