Dash fan. Do you have one?

brownstar

Had a discussion with automotive last week about getting a dash fan for summer. Was told by supe that he's seen them in some trucks in other centers than mine but doesn't think they should be installed. He said if I can find out if others have them and in what parts of the country, he'll try to get me one. Anybody have a hard-wired dash fan?

upsgrunt

At least 95% of our package cars have them in our center in East Central Illinois. It is really no problem to get one if you just ask the mechanic.

bigblu 2 you

got em in all our new and old package cars. i only use mine when going slow or sitting in traffic.here is a tidbit.use a small spray bottle with cool water and hit a shot with the fan on during those high & humid days.

midwestmess

Our automotive dept. was told that they could no longer install them, they are trying to save pennies. I was told by a mechanic that they are not actually cooling fans but designed to be used to help defrost the winshields by turning them towards the winshield in the colder months. Just tell them your having problems with windows fogging up at times and would like a defrost fan installed for safety reasons, this has helped us get new fans. The only ones they will not install fans in are the newer vehicles because they say the heaters work much better than the old 800's. Good luck.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Dash fan ??? This is the thread for me.! I watch all the Kardashian shows !! Isn't Scott a real d*ck ?

thumbnail.aspx

HomeDelivery

if the package car that I'll be operating doesn't have one...

I bring my own to plug into the cigarette lighter/ power outlet & clip/ tape it just below the rear view camera mount...

packageguy

We had about 30 trucks with fans, one new ass***e was bitching his truck
had no fan, mechinic was told to take out all fans from all trucks. now no more fans.....

SlowRide80k

My other one is Red Tag'd
Here our mechanics have told us they can no longer order fans to install into the truck. However the mechanics have told us if you can give them a fan they will put it in for you.