Dating a fellow UPS driver..

Absolutely. Wish Bub could've known him.
But he can know him, through your memories. My two youngest grandsons never knew my Dad, but if someone mentions Dad's name either or both will tell you something about him as if the did. Sometimes I think they know more about my Dad than they do me. OK, nuff said.

helenofcalifornia

Dude, I am so with KOC on this. You have got to be kidding me that you want to take her for a WALK after work???? We just did a two month pedometer-wearing contest to promote health tracking how far we walked each day. Alot of us walked at least 10 miles a day. Some more, some less.

For God's sake, do not take her for a walk. Take her somewhere to eat, watch a movie, the mall where you can people watch. Good luck.

P

pickup

Little Brown Boy, be careful , your perception of this fellow lady driver might be distorted. It can happen. When you are surrounded primarily by fellow male drivers, any female in that group can seem more attractive than they might in other circumstances. It can sometimes be the equivalent of beer goggles.

thegiftofflavor

don't do it man. don't dip your pen in the company ink. i dated a female driver for a while and after i ended it **** got real weird and still hasn't returned to normal a year later. sleep with your customers not other employees!

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
don't do it man. don't dip your pen in the company ink. i dated a female driver for a while and after i ended it **** got real weird and still hasn't returned to normal a year later. sleep with your customers not other employees!

Is there a difference whether its a fellow driver or a customer? I mean you see both of em everyday so I really dont see the difference :happy2: JMHO

filthpig

Don't defecate where you eat.

A workplace romance ended up in a court room at my old center when the relationship soured. Though this is an extreme example, one of those involved was fired and had to fight to get their job back.

I don't even recommend forming close friendships with co-workers so maybe I am the wrong person to comment on this thread. I just feel when it comes to your job you should minimize relationships that may wind up having a negative effect on your career.
I swear I was going to say the exact same thing. My Dad has always preached this to me. But, go with your heart. And be sure.

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
But he can know him, through your memories. My two youngest grandsons never knew my Dad, but if someone mentions Dad's name either or both will tell you something about him as if the did. Sometimes I think they know more about my Dad than they do me. OK, nuff said.
Very good post. Thanks. My son looks and is built exactly like my dad and everyone tells him "how his grandpa did this or that". I think sometimes he is just here to keep ane eye on me!lol

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Good from far, far from good?
Ya that too.

Seriously though, LBB, some are saying it's a bad idea. But only you can make that decision. The heart knows. I know this from personal experience. My sweetheart was married when I found him. We are together and have not looked back. The first time I saw him I fell head over heels and he didn't know who I was. We are happy and I love him as much today as the first time I saw him.

p190

Hey LBB,

Just a few words of sage advice that I would give to anybody...

First, these forums are read by everyone. Even the people you work with. Even in your tiny little center. Stress on that word tiny. Extra stress on that word...tiny...

Second, see point one. Never mention where you are from, especially when talking about love in your center. Your tiny center.

There is nothing wrong with falling for, and dating, one of your coworkers. It happens everywhere and I know of several long term relationships that have developed due to the close working proximity we all have with each other. But remember, your center is...tiny...The last thing you want is to fall flat on your face only to have everyone snickering behind your back because they read some post on the internet.

Third, and this one is important. There is a very significant male to female ratio among UPS drivers and this is no coincidence. It is a physical job, and it takes a special kind of woman to do it. I have great respect for all female drivers, and my next comment bears none of them any ill will. But dude, make sure she isn't playing for the other team...

And I'm not talking about FedEx.

chopstic

Second, see point one. Never mention where you are from, especially when talking about love in your center. Your tiny center.

Yep, I'm guessing it wont be too long before rumors of this thread reach your center. I'm sure it will feed the rumor mill over there in Red Deer Alberta Canada.

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
Something else you might want to think about is obviously she's a hearty Canadian woman, couple that with the fact that she is in very good shape (body by UPS). If you upset her she's liable to put a pretty good whuppin on you. And then you'd have to be all embarrassed in front of your hockey team!:happy-very:

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
If this relationship evolves, don't expect to have any close relationships with other women in your center. And, if she's close to other women working there you can be sure they will ask about the way you "perform".

Big Babooba

If this relationship evolves, don't expect to have any close relationships with other women in your center. And, if she's close to other women working there you can be sure they will ask about the way you "perform".
Ifriend word got out about my "performance", the ladies would have to take a number and wait their turn.:cool_dog:

helenofcalifornia

One of our female drivers started dating another UPS driver and believe me, the last thing I wanted to know about him was his performance. The thought of those two doing the "nasty" grossed me out. He was a short little thing, she was a tall Amazonian, just the thought, yuck!