David lee Roth appreciation fan club

ch317273

When your bank says no, champion says YES
van halen..... Better with OR without David Lee Roth????? I'm going with old DLR! Where do you stand on this very important matter in american history???

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Way better with Sammy easily. Don't get me wrong they had some good songs with Dave and 1984 is one of my favorite albums of all time but Sammy took them to another level. Saw them with Sammy at the old Philadelphia Spectrum long time ago, great concert.

ch317273

Dude I love that clip of the I love turtles kid! Saw that on my favorite show "worlds dumbest..." Great post even though nothing to do with DLR or van halen.... Better than no feedback at all

ch317273

image.jpg

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
When I first heard that Sammy was taking Daves spot I was like dude this is going to be horrible cause Sammy was a nobody really before Van Halen but what they put together for that 5 to 10 year run was pretty dam good n will always be a timepiece in music history. They were pretty badascczz for a while with Sammy at the helm.

ch317273

I agree for sure I can't complain even though I enjoyed seeing DLR at the helm and 1984 was and is an awesome album, Sammy rocked without question

rod

Retired 22 years
Dude I love that clip of the I love turtles kid! Saw that on my favorite show "worlds dumbest..." Great post even though nothing to do with DLR or van halen.... Better than no feedback at all

When in doubt-I always post the "I like turtles video". To date it has had 47,177,396 views.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
David Lee Roth was a better vocalist, frontman and stage presence than Sammy Hagar. However, Sammy Hagar was an amazing guitarist in his own right, and this gave Eddie the freedom to play keyboards which gave the band a lot more musical depth. Overall, I think they were better musically with Sammy Hagar.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
When I first heard that Sammy was taking Daves spot I was like dude this is going to be horrible cause Sammy was a nobody really before Van Halen but what they put together for that 5 to 10 year run was pretty dam good n will always be a timepiece in music history. They were pretty badascczz for a while with Sammy at the helm.
"Heavy Metal"
"She's On Fire"
"I Cant Drive 55"

Sammy had an amazing solo career before Van Halen, and he was also the lead guitarist for Montrose. Hardly a "nobody"......

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
"Heavy Metal"
"She's On Fire"
"I Cant Drive 55"

Sammy had an amazing solo career before Van Halen, and he was also the lead guitarist for Montrose. Hardly a "nobody"......
Not a nobody but you know what im saying. He helped them go to a higher level and they helped him in return. Great move for the both of them that's for sure.

rod

Retired 22 years
. Great song and great video. Flying in a jet is on my bucket list, hope im blazed up when im doing it lmfao.

I tried to post a picture of when I got to fly close formation with 4 WWII Navy T6 trainers and a B-25 Billy Mitchell bomber but I failed.

rod

Retired 22 years
3626.jpg

try that--A friend of mine owns the T6 this picture was taken from. He also pilots the B-25 on occasion and I've flown in that also.