David Ragan????

Cementups

Box Monkey
I have a different plan this year.......

In every race, I have 42 favorite drivers. My motto is "anybody but the 48".

My race was made early on yesterday. But then he came back on the track and was making up positions. I swear that if the race had lasted any longer ....the 48 would of ended up winning.

i conduct this survey with eveyrone I know that makes the statement that you have......Why do you not like Johnson? Everyone hates a winner, but I'm always curious about the real reason.

I'm somewhat on the same path as you though since I root for everyone BUT THE 88. Guy has only 18 Cup wins and his fans act like he is the second coming of Jesus. Great Nationwide driver, but definitely not a Cup caliber driver.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
i conduct this survey with eveyrone I know that makes the statement that you have......Why do you not like Johnson? Everyone hates a winner, but I'm always curious about the real reason.

I'm somewhat on the same path as you though since I root for everyone BUT THE 88. Guy has only 18 Cup wins and his fans act like he is the second coming of Jesus. Great Nationwide driver, but definitely not a Cup caliber driver.

Agreed. Change his last name and he is driving the number 52 car with no sponsor.

upsman68

nascar is as phoney as wwf wrestling. i believe they draw straws and decide who wins.leads,wrecks,runs out of gas,etc.even the fights look staged and weak.they could take lessons from the nhl hockey players.

Oh please. If it was staged Jr. would have already won a race.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
I grew up a few miles from Richard Petty's shop, way back before NASCAR's explosive growth and everyone moved to the Concord/Charlotte area. The Wood Brothers and David Pearson were always my favorite. Nice to see Glen and Leonard's operation in Victory Lane at Daytona again.
Although Ragan made a stupid mistake, he would have been no where without Trevor Bayne pushing him all day. Congratulations to the 21 team they deserve to be in victory lane.

govols019

You smell that?
Only 18 wins? You do know that number puts him in the top 40 of all time. I believe that makes him a "Cup caliber driver."

JustTired

free at last.......

It's not so much Johnson. I really don't like the seeming arrogance of Chad Knauss.
I do think that dominating a sport does hurt it, though. People get tired of watching the same teams win it all year after year. They lose interest knowing what the outcome will most likely be.
I agree that Jr. is overhyped. I don't think he has the passion that Sr. had. Plus I think he has too many irons in the fire leaving little time to concentrate on the very thing that got him where he is. Would he be doing better if his old man was still alive? Most likely....but we'll never know.
Nascar is losing fans. They'll blame the economy for all their woes, but that's not the only reason.

I know what you mean Just Tired, once I realized the first car to cross the finish line always wins, I quit watching. Two races and I was done.

rod

Retired 22 years
I never watch any tv show that starts out with a grown man screaming "boogity, boogity, boogity" with a voice that sounds like an 8 year old girl scout.

JustTired

free at last.......
I knew this kind of stuff went on. I've seen Johnson get away with that kind of thing. I think it was being ahead of the leader on a restart before the line. Nothing said or done. It's "politics" plain and simple!