Davis Out, Abney In - New Meat for the Old Bitching Beat

rod

Retired 22 years
Sure.
Other than Davis, these people became CEOs with a wealth between 10 and 20 million or more in today's dollars.

People not in the know think a CEO has a great life but it is pretty much of a crappy life to people like you and me.
They travel all the time, they are on conference calls in the middle of the night, there is no such thing as a real vacation ... CEOs are owned by UPS 24/7/365.

they travel all the time----first class
conference calls---they go like this "fix the friend-ing problem or heads will roll--click"
owned by UPS---hell I would let them own me again for 10 million a year for
awhile

Are you seriously trying to get us to feel sorry for a CEO?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Come on down here to Roswell center, the closest to corporate, there's a fresh tube of lipstick in office management can share. We'll all be here to greet our new CEO as preload still won't be down at driver start time.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
UPS announced today that effective September 1, Scott Davis will retire as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) after 29 years of service. Scott will retain his role as Chairman of the UPS Board of Directors.

Replacing Scott as CEO will be current Chief Operating Officer David Abney.

Go to UPSers.com for more information.

Yawn...

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Sure.
Other than Davis, these people became CEOs with a wealth between 10 and 20 million or more in today's dollars.

People not in the know think a CEO has a great life but it is pretty much of a crappy life to people like you and me.
They travel all the time, they are on conference calls in the middle of the night, there is no such thing as a real vacation ... CEOs are owned by UPS 24/7/365.

Yeah, those poor, poor CEO's. Must suck to travel all of the time on corporate jets. And no vacations huh? You got some proof of all of this BS? I bet the corporate offices don't have heat or A/C either. They probably have to buy their own groceries and wash their own cars too, huh?

Man, that's got to be a rough gig. There must have been 50 or 60 executives who turned that job down before this sucker decided to ruin his life and take that hellish job...

Z

ZQXC

Sure.

But they fully understand going in, that they have sold their soul to the Devil, and the Devil will demand his due......

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
When a CEO is not promoted until his 50's with 20 + years with the company, it is not the money that they are interested in.
I've known and been around 5 CEOs and none of them needed the money ... it is about creating change and having a legacy and most importantly, the power to effect their goals to to create that change and legacy.
Like Obama?

10 point

Yeah, those poor, poor CEO's. Must suck to travel all of the time on corporate jets. And no vacations huh? You got some proof of all of this BS? I bet the corporate offices don't have heat or A/C either. They probably have to buy their own groceries and wash their own cars too, huh?

Man, that's got to be a rough gig. There must have been 50 or 60 executives who turned that job down before this sucker decided to ruin his life and take that hellish job...
It could be worse if you were allergic to marble.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Sure.

aww, i feel so horrible for them.. They sound like they have it pretty rough. (Ya right) Give us a break Photog.

They wouldnt have conference calls in the middle of the night if the programs they push werent working.

Travel? Hey bub, we drivers travel everyday in all kinds of weather without breaks from rain, snow, mud, wind, cold, heat, hail, it must be tough for these CEO's to fly around in limos and private planes.

YA, they sound like they have a real crappy life. Making millions for doing nothing more than compromising the business with horrible business decisions that cost this company money.

Sorry bro, no sympathy from me.

Ineffective bean counters who do nothing more than impress each other while in a circle jerk.

TOS

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Do any of you realize that our CEO is responsible for all of the divisions within the company, not just small package?

Photog makes some very good points in his post.

OPTION3

When a CEO is not promoted until his 50's with 20 + years with the company, it is not the money that they are interested in.
I've known and been around 5 CEOs and none of them needed the money ... it is about creating change and having a legacy and most importantly, the power to effect their goals to to create that change and legacy.
And you don’t get to that level without having a fall guy…..errr ……lot of competent people under you to blame(to the share holders) when things go wrong