Davis Out, Abney In - New Meat for the Old Bitching Beat

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Yeah, but did he fight for the culture we all cut our teeth on, or did he sacrifice it? 99% of a non-management UPSER's frustration comes from the disillusionment in upper management's perceived incompetence and disloyalty to our traditions. We want to respect and revere our leaders, in case you haven't noticed most people's respect for Casey's legacy, but RESPECT IS EARNED, and it has not been easy to respect our leadership in the last 10 years. Hopefully all of your family's sacrifice was worth it, beyond your financial gains. Personally, I chose to leave the mgmt ranks in order to proudly wear the shield and browns. I know what hard work is, too, as do all the other honest UPSERs.
Being proud of physical labor is so passe.

Packmule

So much of the griping has been about how Davis was an outsider........now, it's a guy who came from a part-timer (I think) and on up through operations and all the various jobs........

Watch, the griping will still continue.
Sounds like a guy who can't keep a job! :)

rod

Retired 22 years
Customer Service is everyone's job.

Not true-----I never had a center manager who cared one bit about customer service (unless they were talking to the customer face to face about a problem) ---then they would always take the customers side over the drivers no matter how it screwed up the drivers day. For the most part ALL they cared about was the numbers. Sorry Hoax but you spent too much time up in the Ivory Tower and don't have a clue what actually went on in the trenches.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Not true-----I never had a center manager who cared one bit about customer service (unless they were talking to the customer face to face about a problem) ---then they would always take the customers side over the drivers no matter how it screwed up the drivers day. For the most part ALL they cared about was the numbers. Sorry Hoax but you spent too much time up in the Ivory Tower and don't have a clue what actually went on in the trenches.
LOL
You need to fine tune your sarcasm detector!