Day 1 of unpaid vacation

Indecisi0n

Every time I get fired I get a little wiser. Sooner or later they will create an unstoppable beast. Lol. I've had a woman answer the door breast feeding a new born. I will now have to tell her to go set the child down just to get a signature for a lame package.

If it's winter time just have her use the free nipple to sign.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Bleedinbrown, the driver you helped not only violated policy but also broke the law by forging a legal document. Two drivers from our building work for Fed Ex now for that.

Unlearn that one.
I completely agree with you...and the driver knew it was wrong...but I saw nothing unless directly asked. If I had been called into the office and questioned about it....I would not have lied to cover for the driver. But I will not arbitrarily go to management and rat on another hourlie.

oldngray

nowhere special
I completely agree with you. And if I had been called into the office and questioned about it....I would not have lied to cover for the driver. But I will not arbitrarily go to managment and rat on another hourlie.

Don't ask, don't tell. Don't lie but also don't go and volunteer information.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Every time I get fired I get a little wiser. Sooner or later they will create an unstoppable beast. Lol. I've had a woman answer the door breast feeding a new born. I will now have to tell her to go set the child down just to get a signature for a lame package. They don't realize by trying to "show me who is boss" with this situation by firing me for something ignorant because I was a witness on a grievance. The customer will now suffer because of situation like theses.
The customer will suffer because you didn't follow procedure and were fired (again) for it?

Sent using BrownCafe App

BrownTexas

The customer will suffer because you didn't follow procedure and were fired (again) for it?

Sent using BrownCafe App
1st time offense for this particular type of occurrence. And now I will make sure to get a signature for everything. Have a note on your door? Sorry, need to be here for EVERYTHING. Hands full for things more important than this package? Sorry, your going to have to stop everything to sign. Hands covered in grease or oil? Sorry, I'll wait for you to go wash them or we will try again tomorrow and hope your hands are clean then.

BrownTexas

Not to mention that they also tried to get me for SDN a "no DR" stop even though I had a sign info notice. They said it didn't matter. A stop with a high security level had to be signed for no matter what.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Not to mention that they also tried to get me for SDN a "no DR" stop even though I had a sign info notice. They said it didn't matter. A stop with a high security level had to be signed for no matter what.

They seem to be confused about that. A no DR allowed stop CAN be released, when done so by the consignee (SDN), since the consignee is the one giving their permission for it to be released.

If it NEEDS to ne signed for, it should be flagged as Sig Required.

Dumb management personel.

oldngray

nowhere special
They seem to be confused about that. A no DR allowed stop CAN be released, when done so by the consignee (SDN), since the consignee is the one giving their permission for it to be released.

If it NEEDS to ne signed for, it should be flagged as Sig Required.

Dumb management personel.

SDN is mostly for non DR delivery areas. Kind of a carry over from before there was DR. Not for Sig Req packages.

rod

Retired 22 years
For awhile back in the 80's-90's you weren't a true UPS hourly employee unless you had been fired at least once. At least at my center anyway. Everyone of us got our jobs back. What a waste of time & money.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
SDN is mostly for non DR delivery areas. Kind of a carry over from before there was DR. Not for Sig Req packages.

I realize that. He said it was for a high security area, not a sig required package.

If it's a NO DR allowed due to claims, but only shows as No DR allowed, and there's a signed infonotice, we can override the no DR. If it say Sig required, then you're wrong if you override it (except with a SR package)

Don't ask, don't tell. Don't lie but also don't go and volunteer information.
450px-Hear_speak_see_no_evil_Toshogu.jpeg