Day after Christmas --- what a mess

Pkgcar1988

So the 26th, told to call at 7:00 for start time. Call at 7:00 told to call back at 8:00. Text my supervisor, who is the guy who got me hired 25 yrs ago and asked him what the h*** was going on, he said the we're working on start times but I could start @ 9:00. Got to work and they were just wrapping up the preload told to start at 9:30, No I was told to start at 9:00. Ok that's fine but have late air coming in around 1230, will set up meets later. Never happened, received updates throughout the day that is still wasn't there and no one was to return to the building until instructed to do so. About 430 was told to return to building when deliveries and pickups complete and would be instructed what to do next. The late air wasn't quite there yet. Returned to building around 6:00 and a lot of other drivers standing around, on the clock, waiting for the late air. Was told if we punched out that we would be fired on the spot for work abandonment. Stood around until 7:30 then sent back out to deliver 2 pkgs, 20 mile round trip. They had every driver wait,on the clock some for more than 2 hrs and then sent maybe 10 out of 40 back out with 2 or 3 stops. What the h*** is going on with this company ??????

Pkgcar1988

Someone mentioned to center manager that they should order pizza and he just said don't even go there, don't think he was real happy with the whole mess either

JL 0513

It was a weird day at my center as well. 9:00 scheduled start. All the drivers just stood at the belts sorting the late air slowly trickling up. Left building at 9:50. Every driver had two separate late air meets about 2-3 hours apart. This meant that we all hit the same areas 3 times. I ended up delivering to several of the same houses twice.

Indecisi0n

Drivers need to change their attitudes towards the company. Guess what? UPS isn't your company so stop telling them how to run it. If they want to run it in a inefficient way then let them. They pay us to do what they say. If they want multi drivers delivering in the same area then so be it. Me and another driver were delivering on the same street two houses apart this past peak. Did I say anything to me center manager or dispatcher? No because I don't care.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
It was a weird day at my center as well. 9:00 scheduled start. All the drivers just stood at the belts sorting the late air slowly trickling up. Left building at 9:50. Every driver had two separate late air meets about 2-3 hours apart. This meant that we all hit the same areas 3 times. I ended up delivering to several of the same houses twice.
This was case with almost all drivers I know. almost like being run by clowns from a circus

Pkgcar1988

We had guys that had gotten the day off that they called at 5:00 and told them to come in to deliver late air, all said and done sent back home after to 2 hrs standing around waiting

barnyard

KTM rider
We started at 850. Last wave of air bumped the dock at 845, we sorted that and left. I think I left the building at 930 and returned at 1730. We were told to only deliver business NDA by commit, everything else on trace. If we still had the 90 minute additional peak time commits, I would have had all my NDA off on time.

Pkgcar1988

You know what, that is the way I am starting to feel about this company also. I have seen the company go from a well oiled machine to one that makes rash decisions that make no sense.
I really used to care about my job but I get the feeling that they don't care anymore so why should I.

S

selfcancelsignal

Makes me wonder what the day after New Years will be like.? Most likely gonna be forced to work 12-31 as well. Forced from the bottom. The double time'll be nice, I guess. The dispatch better be!

Pkgcar1988

They instructed us to stand and the bottom of the slide and wait for the supervisors to send the stuff down. 30 guys working as instructed , can't be stealing time

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I am not sure they even know how to play ball anymore, just one irrational decision after another
Not really this actually makes sense. Ups just got raked over the coals for service failures on Xmas eve. The last two days all we have heard is zero missed today zero missed.

People have been crying for us to go back to superior service. We do and now everyone bitches anyway. I have a feeling "every package every day" may once again be our motto until this all blows over.