Day after Christmas --- what a mess

M

Mike hunt

Had to sit for over two and a half hours for pick ups. Asked for more work. They said there was none. Set my alarm on my phone and took about an hour nap. Felt like I was stealing time but was told to just sit. I got over for once. Felt kinda weird.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Oh I know but it's kinda funny that when they want me to sit around it feels very awkward. It's only one day. Mentality of a upser.
See now PTers sitting around waiting on air...and getting paid OT goes like this.... Everyone on the belt gets sent home but me. I go up top to sort...and drivers load their air. Then PT supboy comes up...tells me to go home and he'll sort. Ummmmm...can I borrow your crayon? I have to go file a grievance.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
So the 26th, told to call at 7:00 for start time. Call at 7:00 told to call back at 8:00. Text my supervisor, who is the guy who got me hired 25 yrs ago and asked him what the h*** was going on, he said the we're working on start times but I could start @ 9:00. Got to work and they were just wrapping up the preload told to start at 9:30, No I was told to start at 9:00. Ok that's fine but have late air coming in around 1230, will set up meets later. Never happened, received updates throughout the day that is still wasn't there and no one was to return to the building until instructed to do so. About 430 was told to return to building when deliveries and pickups complete and would be instructed what to do next. The late air wasn't quite there yet. Returned to building around 6:00 and a lot of other drivers standing around, on the clock, waiting for the late air. Was told if we punched out that we would be fired on the spot for work abandonment. Stood around until 7:30 then sent back out to deliver 2 pkgs, 20 mile round trip. They had every driver wait,on the clock some for more than 2 hrs and then sent maybe 10 out of 40 back out with 2 or 3 stops. What the h*** is going on with this company ??????
sounds like a typical non union company to me.

M

Mike hunt

See now PTers sitting around waiting on air...and getting paid OT goes like this.... Everyone on the belt gets sent home but me. I go up top to sort...and drivers load their air. Then PT supboy comes up...tells me to go home and he'll sort. Ummmmm...can I borrow your crayon? I have to go file a grievance.
It seems like they try to do that to the part timers here as well. Once the grivances get filed they stop for a while but it seems universally that's there solution to the problem.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It seems like they try to do that to the part timers here as well. Once the grivances get filed they stop for a while but it seems universally that's there solution to the problem.
I realize PT sup is just following center manager's instructions. My center manager should know better than to test me....I don't play when it comes to my paycheck.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Rule number 1. Don't mess with anyone's money.
My PT sup used to be a crappy loader...he cried to me last peak how his drivers didn't tip him.

Last Friday....at wrap time...I was send up top to sort, and Supboy has a seasonal stack out my trucks...poorly. I climbed down..and tried to fix the disaster...and Supboy says Stop, it's good enough and orders me back up top. Fine...I WAD.

Finally...drivers come up and i'm sent home. While Supboy is standing there...2 of my drivers hand me my Xmas tips. I turn to Supboy and said...see ____....this is what you get when you don't think a pile of crap is "good enough". Lmao.

M

Mike hunt

My PT sup used to be a crappy loader...he cried to me last peak how his drivers didn't tip him.

Last Friday....at wrap time...I was send up top to sort, and Supboy has a seasonal stack out my trucks...poorly. I climbed down..and tried to fix the disaster...and Supboy says Stop, it's good enough and orders me back up top. Fine...I WAD.

Finally...drivers come up and i'm sent home. While Supboy is standing there...2 of my drivers hand me my Xmas tips. I turn to Supboy and said...see ____....this is what you get when you don't think a pile of crap is "good enough". Lmao.
That's why he's a part time supboy. He couldn't do the job or dint have the work ethic.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Had to sit for over two and a half hours for pick ups. Asked for more work. They said there was none. Set my alarm on my phone and took about an hour nap. Felt like I was stealing time but was told to just sit. I got over for once. Felt kinda weird.
Take when you can, thats a volume problem thats unavoidable.

imwell

I'm as productive as the methods allow.
December 26, what happened in my center:

Preload start 530am

Drivers out the door at 905 with a 9am start

All drivers back 630pm

Local Sort Wrapped 830pm

Planning anyone?
Thinking we would find your planning a welcomed relief in our center. Ever thought about transferring out to the Northwest?