Day after Christmas

burco8080

I tried to take a option day but can not because ups is saying we are still in peak and we are working all drivers yet contract show peak is only until Dec 25th. Were is work coming from all my pickups are closed or close early. Any one know?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
This new contract allows UPS to keep all the peak help until 2 weeks into the next year .
So on 12-26 it is still business as usual .

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
They will cut a ton of routes,that day. Especially,if you do not have alot of pickup volume. Alot of my customers are taking a 5 day weekend. Plus we don't pickup on Xmas eve.
Yup...they're forcing us in for a BS 4 or 5 hour day...which I wouldn't mind so much if we could start at 3 or 4am...not midnight.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I tried to take a option day but can not because ups is saying we are still in peak and we are working all drivers yet contract show peak is only until Dec 25th. Were is work coming from all my pickups are closed or close early. Any one know?

I don't know if you've been here 9 months or 9 years.
It takes ground 5 days to get from East Coast to West Coast
Just because you have no pickups on Xmas Eve doesn't mean that work still isn't going to reach you from farther points in the country.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I don't know if you've been here 9 months or 9 years.
It takes ground 5 days to get from East Coast to West Coast
Just because you have no pickups on Xmas Eve doesn't mean that work still isn't going to reach you from farther points in the country.
Wrong. Nothing moves Christmas Eve therefore no additional volume.