Day after Christmas

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You do not work for the union.

You are on your second peak. You are still a rookie. I retired after 34 1/2 years, and I could still come back and work circles around you.

But, you are probably a better shoe salesperson.
And that is why Uncle Ted is awesome!

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I'm curious. Where is your center? Because your trailers aren't going anywhere.
Midwest. We are moving trailers. Talked to one of our feeder drivers last night. Said he'll have trailers out the door same time as normal Wednesday.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
I don't know if you've been here 9 months or 9 years.
It takes ground 5 days to get from East Coast to West Coast
Just because you have no pickups on Xmas Eve doesn't mean that work still isn't going to reach you from farther points in the country.
Feeders does not roll on Christmas eve, therefore no new work makes it to the building.

P

pickup

Feeders does not roll on Christmas eve, therefore no new work makes it to the building.

Kinda do actually, at least where I am at. On dec 24, anyone with a start time of 2pm and up does not come in. If your start time is anywhere from 12 am to 1:59 pm, you are supposed to come in. Last year we had a couple of guys who were working until 10 pm( some Overtime) . The majority of the feeder drivers found a way to get out of work after only working a few hours. The only reason that they were allowed out of work was that there was really no work to be done.

oldupsman

Midwest. We are moving trailers. Talked to one of our feeder drivers last night. Said he'll have trailers out the door same time as normal Wednesday.

So that means he will be working on Christmas. And what does he do with the trailer when he gets to an empty building.
Drop it and bring back an empty trailer?
Sorry, finding this one a little hard to believe.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

Still not convinced that Feeders doesn't work on Xmas Eve. If Xmas eve was a dead feeder day, they'd be off Xmas eve and Xmas, Never heard that ever. I'm not saying they work til 12AM, but feeders are driving trailers to hubs.

Is there a lot to move, NO, but there is movement of packages regardless. Just because it doesn't reach the package car doesn't mean it sits for 2 days.

watdaflock?

You are on your second peak. You are still a rookie. I retired after 34 1/2 years, and I could still come back and work circles around you.

I've worked three peaks. One as a seasonal jumper and I've love to see you come work "circles around me" on preload.
Your 34 years experience only matters if you're still union. Interesting you are retired and still visit the browncafe.
You're retired after 34 years and still telling people "I could work circles around you...."
Suuuuuure you can, ya old fart. (haha) Now go back to bed. I'm sure you need the extra rest old timer.

Shoot me a PM if you're ever in Ohio and willing to come get embarrassed.

Last edited:

EasyTrucker

They haven't posted this year's yet but I just happened to have a pic from 2 years ago. Feeders is laid off Christmas Eve this year unless your start time is before 8am and you run local preloads. I will be enjoying my 2 days off!

Attachments

• 1419153052297.jpg
    1419153052297.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 134

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
They haven't posted this year's yet but I just happened to have a pic from 2 years ago. Feeders is laid off Christmas Eve this year unless your start time is before 8am and you run local preloads. I will be enjoying my 2 days off!
Cool.
Thanks for the info.
Merry Christmas.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Still not convinced that Feeders doesn't work on Xmas Eve. If Xmas eve was a dead feeder day, they'd be off Xmas eve and Xmas, Never heard that ever. I'm not saying they work til 12AM, but feeders are driving trailers to hubs.

Is there a lot to move, NO, but there is movement of packages regardless. Just because it doesn't reach the package car doesn't mean it sits for 2 days.
That's why the day after Christmas can be a cluster. The system is out of wac for a day. If Christmas Eve falls on a Saturday or Sunday, then pickups are made as normal on Friday. That will be the case in 2016-17.

Johney

Our whole feeder dept is off after Wednesday morning except 1 TDP driver and the drivers bringing in the air in the a.m. There was a sheet posted for 1 driver to bring an air trailer to the airport Christmas eve.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I tried to take a option day but can not because ups is saying we are still in peak and we are working all drivers yet contract show peak is only until Dec 25th. Were is work coming from all my pickups are closed or close early. Any one know?

They paid out all of our remaining option days at the beginning of the month. I got an extra check

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I've worked three peaks. One as a seasonal jumper and I've love to see you come work "circles around me" on preload.
Your 34 years experience only matters if you're still union. Interesting you are retired and still visit the browncafe.
You're retired after 34 years and still telling people "I could work circles around you...."
Suuuuuure you can, ya old fart. (haha) Now go back to bed. I'm sure you need the extra rest old timer.

Shoot me a PM if you're ever in Ohio and willing to come get embarrassed.

Look out, folks. We got us a keyboard cowboy here.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It's runners like you that will jeopardize the future of this union and undermine all the benefits that real men like Cosmo fought long and hard for....you jerk off loser!!!
Chill Brooklyn...he's not a runner...he's a PTer who's been here less than 2 years. He works in a tiny. One belt center, 20 route center...and has no clue what real volume is. I'd love to watch both Heff and Cosmo run circles around him. Then they could watch me do the same.

As far as you are concerned,
Austin...the teamsters who were here before us...just like the ones who went on strike in '97 are the reason we have what we have now. Show a little GD respect to your elders. Brooklyn has every right to be pizzzed...he's a second generation Teamster!