Day after christmas

BUCN85

So what is going on today? I called in for start time to find out its 1230 start. 30 stops with pick ups. So being this is hours only. Is it a paid holiday. I didn't think it was. But there was never a sign up sheet for day after saying it was an hours only day. No big deal I just assumed it was business as usual

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There is not enough work for it to be business as usual. You will work for hours (Code 05) today. You are working because you have little to no seniority. I am sitting at home because I am #3 on the seniority list.

oldngray

nowhere special
So what is going on today? I called in for start time to find out its 1230 start. 30 stops with pick ups. So being this is hours only. Is it a paid holiday. I didn't think it was. But there was never a sign up sheet for day after saying it was an hours only day. No big deal I just assumed it was business as usual

They should have had a sign up sheet where you could sign up if you wanted 8 and otherwise it would be paid actual. If you wanted 8 you would have been running garbage all morning before starting your own pickups so most drivers will take an easy actual day.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
In my area, if he wants guaranteed 8, all he has to do is ask.
If they told me my start time was 1230, I would show up at 1225 and let them know I want my 8.

JackStraw

There is not enough work for it to be business as usual. You will work for hours (Code 05) today. You are working because you have little to no seniority. I am sitting at home because I am #3 on the seniority list.
In our center our center manager goes by the creed that seniority gives you the right to work not to go home. A couple top ten drivers are working today.

oldngray

nowhere special
In our center our center manager goes by the creed that seniority gives you the right to work not to go home. A couple top ten drivers are working today.

He needs to find a stack of grievances on his desk. Forcing to work goes from the bottom up. Top seniority should only work if they want to.

JackStraw

Nah. He lays off the bottom guys. A real peach. If there is nobody to cover your route, a less senior driver can get the day.

You've Got Mail

My sup texted me early and told me I'm off until told otherwise. This means I have to stay home all day because they can't just be nice and give me a time to come in. If I don't hear anything by noon, I won't be coming in at all.

Highwayman

My sup texted me early and told me I'm off until told otherwise. This means I have to stay home all day because they can't just be nice and give me a time to come in. If I don't hear anything by noon, I won't be coming in at all.
I wouldn't wait to hear from him. Shut off the phone, he'll get the hint.