Day after christmas

brown metal coffin

Code 5 was never mentioned in our center today or on Christmas Eve. Shocking yes I know... Started at 9:00 and was done at 2:55 and I was one of the later ones back and we are all getting 8 today... Sometimes just sometimes things go well...

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Code 5 was never mentioned in our center today or on Christmas Eve. Shocking yes I know... Started at 9:00 and was done at 2:55 and I was one of the later ones back and we are all getting 8 today... Sometimes just sometimes things go well...
Check your paystubs next week, believe it or not, UPS isn't known to follow the contract all the time.

brown metal coffin

Check your paystubs next week, believe it or not, UPS isn't known to follow the contract all the time.

Only going by past history... Whenever they have "failed" to mention something it has always gotten really really ugly. Especially where peoples money is involved. I'll double check next Friday like I always do but Im certainly hoping for no complications...

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Only going by past history... Whenever they have "failed" to mention something it has always gotten really really ugly. Especially where peoples money is involved. I'll double check next Friday like I always do but Im certainly hoping for no complications...
Speaking only from experiences on our center, if you fail to mention you want your 8, they assume you agree to 05 and change everyones pay code as such. Anyone wishing to thier 8 hours will get enough work to accommodate the request. Every so often we have someone get pissed about it but the first question management asks concerning the greivance "Did you ever tell anyone you wanted 8 before or during your shift".

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I make plenty of money I see no reason to fight with them over a "technicality" on a day like today. If you want 8 hours of work ask for it. If not I figure days like today and Christmas Eve it's pretty well known it's a pay actual.

I'm not trying to get paid for 8 hour when I already worked the easiest 4-5 of my life.

brown metal coffin

I make plenty of money I see no reason to fight with them over a "technicality" on a day like today. If you want 8 hours of work ask for it. If not I figure days like today and Christmas Eve it's pretty well known it's a pay actual.

I'm not trying to get paid for 8 hour when I already worked the easiest 4-5 of my life.

I agree 100% if they would have mentioned it today like they have in the past I would have been just fine with it. I didn't want to be out there all day anyway. I can only speak for my center when I say when they have wanted to do the code 5 they always and I mean always have mentioned it in the pcm but when they haven't mentioned it we have always gotten the auto eight. Thats all I have to go by.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I
i don't go to anti union Walmart. I also will not go any stores on Thanksgiving or Christmas. Employees should get those days off.
Wow Walmart is Walmart , you can't change their polices but they were lower on most stuff when they first came on the retail scene, now its different. Its like a big convenience store with groceries.

oldngray

nowhere special
Wow Walmart is Walmart , you can't change their polices but they were lower on most stuff when they first came on the retail scene, now its different. Its like a big convenience store with groceries.

I can think of several other stores that had low prices when they first opened but then morphed into mostly over priced junk in an attempt to appear more "upscale".

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Too convenient, I love Publix and their non union , they treat their employees like gold. You can't get everybody a union, I do respect your thoughts.
Yeah I have no idea where you live and I really could care less if it union or not. Where I used to live we had schnucks and gerbes which were union. We rarely shopped at either. Hyvee we loved. We had many people come visit from large cities that have every choice under the moon available to them. They all told us it was the nicest grocery store they had ever been in.

Now that we moved its Kroger schnucks or Walmart. Usually go to Kroger. The only way I would ever choose Walmart would be if I needed to save money and then I would likely just clip coupons. The produce is terrible there. So go to go somewhere for produce. 4-5 items we came for were always out of stock. Got to go somewhere else for those. Then add in the madhouse that it is and that its always understaffed. That adds tons of time.

I respect that you say its convenient but dont say oh I can't change it.

UPSJedi2112

I blast Rush in my truck.
We had most guys come in at regular start time. It was hrs only unless you asked for 8. We were told to get whatever pickups we could early, and to let the ctr know which ones needed later pickups. A few guys started later to do these later ones. Did 52 stops/67 pcs, punched out @1310. It was sweet.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Yeah I have no idea where you live and I really could care less if it union or not. Where I used to live we had schnucks and gerbes which were union. We rarely shopped at either. Hyvee we loved. We had many people come visit from large cities that have every choice under the moon available to them. They all told us it was the nicest grocery store they had ever been in.

Now that we moved its Kroger schnucks or Walmart. Usually go to Kroger. The only way I would ever choose Walmart would be if I needed to save money and then I would likely just clip coupons. The produce is terrible there. So go to go somewhere for produce. 4-5 items we came for were always out of stock. Got to go somewhere else for those. Then add in the madhouse that it is and that its always understaffed. That adds tons of time.

I respect that you say its convenient but dont say oh I can't change it.
Produce does suck

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Don't be surprised if they changed your pay code to 05 after you punched out.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why wait until Friday? Check the OR Monday morning.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Posted 910 start time. I got almost there and they told me pickups only, I said I only have two open, give it to someone else. I should have just went in, and said I would take the am work, but instead, I turned the Silverado around and had a nice day off with my dog. Had I known I had a 4 day weekend, I would have went to see the grandkids. My fault.