Day after christmas

brostalss

Texted my Sup this morning. I'm working. 9:15am start. I get there and I'm the next to leave.

I was home by 10:00am day off. Woohoo!

bumped

I personally wouldn't fight for my 8. Management could make it hell later on. Next Christmas Eve you'll have 13 hours of work.

BigDaddyO8a

Easiest delivery day ever 34 stops.35 pickups no oncall worked 7.5 paid for 8 manager told everyone go the the movies. Lmao all day. A thank you from management to all the drivers that took out 3 to 4 hundred stops a day for the last month

Last edited:

Overpaid Union Thug

Started at 8am and clocked out around 6:30 at code 05 with a 45 minute lunch break. I didn't look at my ending miles and forgot to see my final stop count too. I do know that I had less than 80 stops and that there were more than a few rather long gaps of windshield time. So glad I decided to work today. Easy breezy.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I personally wouldn't fight for my 8. Management could make it hell later on. Next Christmas Eve you'll have 13 hours of work.
That's fine. I don't fall for thier scare tatics. Wanna give me 13, I'll take it and then some. Besides, smart money says you won't even have the same management team next year.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Started at 8am and clocked out around 6:30 at code 05 with a 45 minute lunch break. I didn't look at my ending miles and forgot to see my final stop count too. I do know that I had less than 80 stops and that there were more than a few rather long gaps of windshield time. So glad I decided to work today. Easy breezy.

You can bet that they changed the 05 to an 06.

brown metal coffin

Don't be surprised if they changed your pay code to 05 after you punched out.

Don't be surprised if 135 drivers then file a grievance for the 8 after it not being mentioned at any point but then tampering with time cards anyway.

I can see a lot of the drivers on here are very skeptical and probably have good reason to be because of their personal experiences but all I'm saying is that my building has been through this in the past (tampering with cards) and it went really really bad to the point where our center manager, 2 supervisors and the oms were just inches from fired. So I'm not surprised if they would be a little gun shy to touch another time card. We haven't had a problem for quite a while.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
There is no lunch when you run Code 05.

Wrong.

When I had a helper during peak, I would tell my center manager I was only taking a half hour lunch and code out as 05. I always had rural routes and kept my helper all day. My reasoning was that I wasn't going to make a helper sit for an hour unpaid every day.

Never had a problem.