Day after christmas

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Why would you take a lunch with the helper on the car?
I took a lunch every day during peak and had a helper since November. On a couple of ridiculously heavy days I only took a half hour lunch (and put that in my diad), but always took a lunch. Sometimes I would sort for half hour and then then take lunch for half hour and would just have my helper take an hour unpaid lunch.

Overpaid Union Thug

Even with an 05 we must take 30 minutes per DOT regulations for six hours of work. At least in my state. And having a helper is irrelevant. Some of us gotta eat and I'm pretty sure most helpers do to.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Even with an 05 we must take 30 minutes per DOT regulations for six hours of work. At least in my state. And having a helper is irrelevant. Some of us gotta eat and I'm pretty sure most helpers do to.

My helper worked at BK before meeting me on road. The last thing that he (or I) wanted to do was to sit somewhere for 30-45 minutes (unpaid). The longest that he was ever on the car was 6 hours. We would bring something to eat during the day and then I would stop and take my meal break after the deliveries were done and he was off the car.

Overpaid Union Thug

My helper worked at BK before meeting me on road. The last thing that he (or I) wanted to do was to sit somewhere for 30-45 minutes (unpaid). The longest that he was ever on the car was 6 hours. We would bring something to eat during the day and then I would stop and take my meal break after the deliveries were done and he was off the car.

And.....?......?.......

Since when is whether or not breaks are paid or not relevant? And not everyone's helpers work at BK before being utilized. Maybe you should realize that there are thousands of other drivers and helpers at UPS and that you aren't the center of the universe before commenting?

Overpaid Union Thug

Taking a break while the helper is on the car is not the most efficient use of that helper.

Thats BS. If you stop for a break neither of you are being paid. There is no loss of time. Only loss of daylight. Do you even think things through first anymore before you post? Again....drop the pompous know it all attitude and you'll be alright.

Indecisi0n

Thats BS. If you stop for a break neither of you are being paid. There is no loss of time. Only loss of daylight. Do you even think things through first anymore before you post? Again....drop the pompous know it all attitude and you'll be alright.
Why do I care about loss of daylight? Do you ever think about loss of body function? Take your breaks when you are suppose to case closed.

Overpaid Union Thug

I prefer to be able to see when I deliver.

I prefer to provide my body with nutrients and energy that is required to do my job and live as well as the rest it needs. Helpers get hungry too. They also need a break too.

And concerning being able to see in the dark.......
There is this super awesome invention called lights. Someone even had the great idea of putting them on the front of automobiles. They are called "headlights." Someone else even figured out a way to make compact and portable lights you can carry in your hands that run off batteries. They are called "flashlights." And lastly....your extensive knowledge of your own bid route should more than supplement the use of those cool inventions I just mentioned.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Nah they overturned that. UPS package car drivers are considered short haul drivers and the 30 minute lunch requirement doesn't apply to us unless we travel outside a 100 mile radius from where your truck is parked in the morning. You may have a state requirement or something in your contract but no federal DOT requirement for you.