Day after christmas

By The Book

Come on, give the kid a break. Did the driver helper take lunch or did the driver take lunch. I am not the driver helper supervisor or manager. I just drive the truck.
In a supplement in the west it does have language that says all helpers are entitled to the same personal time as the full timers. The contracts can't have a conflict with the state laws so they are required a 30 min unpaid meal if they work over 6 hours, and are entitled to the breaks as well.

PT Car Washer

In a supplement in the west it does have language that says all helpers are entitled to the same personal time as the full timers. The contracts can't have a conflict with the state laws so they are required a 30 min unpaid meal if they work over 6 hours, and are entitled to the breaks as well.
I agree a helper deserves a break if he works so many hours (unlike PT who work inside for 9 hours with a 10 minute break) but to take the guy off the clock for an hour after he just gets on the truck is not fair to the helper. No wonder so many never come back a second day. But you go ahead and do whatever you feel is right for your pocketbook.

By The Book

I agree a helper deserves a break if he works so many hours (unlike PT who work inside for 9 hours with a 10 minute break) but to take the guy off the clock for an hour after he just gets on the truck is not fair to the helper. No wonder so many never come back a second day. But you go ahead and do whatever you feel is right for your pocketbook.
I personally don't get a helper. I've stated before about how part timers should take their meal periods if they are entitled to them if they work the hours to get the meal. Working 9-10 hours with a 10 min break should not be allowed. Making a helper take a meal after being on the car after an hour doesn't make sense for the helper(don't know if it complies with state law), but may have to do with a driver picking a helper up close to when the driver has to go on lunch.