day after thanksgiving was put on call

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I was simply just asking a question...I have a bid route with a military base on it...only one other driver knows my route and has a badge to get on this base..he is 12 below me in seniority on FT driving list he didnt show so they only called me because they fail to train others in this area and get base clearance. I was not called in due to seniority or staffing issues!

Sent from device_name using BrownCafe App

That's UPS' problem, not yours. There is no such thing as "on call" -- management should be telling an employee they've been slotted to work ("ask from the top, force from the bottom") before the holiday. Get with a steward and file a grievance to get that letter kicked out; make sure you use the exact words "on call" so your business agent can tear the center manager a new one.

pretender

That's UPS' problem, not yours. There is no such thing as "on call" -- management should be telling an employee they've been slotted to work ("ask from the top, force from the bottom") before the holiday. Get with a steward and file a grievance to get that letter kicked out; make sure you use the exact words "on call" so your business agent can tear the center manager a new one.

If you have a good labor manager, he will tear the center manager a new one before your BA has a chance.