Day after Thanksgiving

Bad Gas!

I always enjoyed my time off with my family. I can proudly say I never worked one minute at UPS that wasn't required. I never understood the people that would bitch all year long about the hours they worked but they were the first ones to work on a scheduled day off. Steve- I am amazed at the way you present yourself as a family man but then say you are going to work when you can have the day off ---tisk tisk

I see where your coming from.I don't bitch about too much work but I'd rather have a hard 9.5 day off at regular pay and make the double.With two kids in college it all helps.I have plenty of time to see the family when I get home..The like the money I'm making , too!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My son is going to visit family (including my daughter) in North Carolina for the holiday so it's just me so why not work.

Rod makes some excellent points. Money is not everything, even in today's economy. My daughter will be 24 in December and my son is 21 and, as we all know, this job does not allow us to go to every school function, and while I made my fair share I did miss some. They both knew this and appreciated those that I could attend. Kids grow up so fast that any time that you are able to spend with them should be taken advantage of. Steve, this is the point Rod was trying to make with you and I have to agree with him. Go shopping. Sit in the food court and hold the bags while the girls go shopping. They will take breaks and sit with Dad from time to time. People watch. Yes, you will get a nice jump in your paycheck but time with family cannot be bought at any price.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
My son is going to visit family (including my daughter) in North Carolina for the holiday so it's just me so why not work.

Rod makes some excellent points. Money is not everything, even in today's economy. My daughter will be 24 in December and my son is 21 and, as we all know, this job does not allow us to go to every school function, and while I made my fair share I did miss some. They both knew this and appreciated those that I could attend. Kids grow up so fast that any time that you are able to spend with them should be taken advantage of. Steve, this is the point Rod was trying to make with you and I have to agree with him. Go shopping. Sit in the food court and hold the bags while the girls go shopping. They will take breaks and sit with Dad from time to time. People watch. Yes, you will get a nice jump in your paycheck but time with family cannot be bought at any price.

Very well spoken, upstate, almost to the point of getting me to take the day off. I will think about this and let you know what I chose.

Side note; We'll be in NYC this Fri-Sun and I was thinking of running my daughter upstate to see some snow, (hasn't seen any yet), any suggestions as to where we may see some?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
My sup asked me this morning if I wanted to volunteer for Fri. I said hell no. If he wants to force me oh well but I'm not volunteering. I might get lucky and get the day off.
It's not all that bad. About a half day and all resi. Very little business, most will be closed. If I recall it's only air anyway. I don't think we will deliver any ground. I have enough seniority that I will get my pick of the best rtes.:happy2:

PS I am enjoying my 4 day weekend this weekend. LOL

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Very well spoken, upstate, almost to the point of getting me to take the day off. I will think about this and let you know what I chose.

Side note; We'll be in NYC this Fri-Sun and I was thinking of running my daughter upstate to see some snow, (hasn't seen any yet), any suggestions as to where we may see some?

There is snow in the Syracuse area and in the Lake Placid/Saranac Lake area as well as Watertown. That is quite a way to go from NYC just to see snow. Take the kids to Rockefeller Center and let them skate--they will quickly forget about the snow. Have a fun weekend.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
There is snow in the Syracuse area and in the Lake Placid/Saranac Lake area as well as Watertown. That is quite a way to go from NYC just to see snow. Take the kids to Rockefeller Center and let them skate--they will quickly forget about the snow. Have a fun weekend.

Very good idea, upstate, glad I asked you.

Apkg4u

Depends on how long you been there, We draft from the bottom of the senority list first...Post those names, then we take senior volunteers and they will then go in order of the "drafted" people and go by seniority and start letting them off. Besides that...there should be a list posted.

Jeff

BryantheLion

I leef deengs up n boot dem down
Hm. My FT/Sup actually asked me if I would like to work on Sunday morning. I accepted, because any money will do at the moment. They haven't even mentioned Friday to me yet, but if they do..I'll probably work on Friday as well.

rod

Retired 22 years
Hm. My FT/Sup actually asked me if I would like to work on Sunday morning. I accepted, because any money will do at the moment. They haven't even mentioned Friday to me yet, but if they do..I'll probably work on Friday as well.

Just curious--- what would you do on Sunday morning at UPS? Is that like triple time and a half:wink2:

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
Hella no I'm not working. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year and I love the 4 day weekend. I'm not in debt and don't need the money. My time off is worth more to me than any dollar amount UPS is going to pay me.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
Just curious--- what would you do on Sunday morning at UPS? Is that like triple time and a half:wink2:
Might depend on the local agreement but Sunday work is usually paid at double time. Feeder operations will have extra work now through Christmas on Saturdays and Sundays. Sat. is time and a half - Sun. is double time

brownrodster

I am working friday. Will request 8 hours. It's usually very easy. Am forced to due to seniority. However, I would choose to if I didn't have to because it's such easy money.

Might depend on the local agreement but Sunday work is usually paid at double time. Feeder operations will have extra work now through Christmas on Saturdays and Sundays. Sat. is time and a half - Sun. is double time

What ever day is your sixth is 1.5x,your seventh day is 2x. It doesn`t have to be a Sun.