Day after Thanksgiving

Big Babooba

I've been driving for 22 years and this will be the fourth Black Friday I have worked. The reason is pretty simple; I have the week of New Year's Day off and I want to have the Friday after Christmas off with no guilt or cares. I'll earn the money I'll lose on December 26th tomorrow, that 11 day vacation will be great.

If a customer calls in tomorrow, do they a) get ground packages picked up and b) do they get their regular pickup time?
No & No. I have a daily Staples P/U and was told that if they don't call for a P/U, they don't get a P/U. Their P/U time is 18:30. I think I'll be home way before then.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
If a customer calls in tomorrow, do they a) get ground packages picked up and b) do they get their regular pickup time?

A) No.
B) Yes, if that's what they requested.

I'm working Friday, doing pick-ups. Only one of the customers, that requested a pick-up, asked for an earlier than usual pick-up time. My last p/u is scheduled for 10:00 P.M. (their usual p/u time).

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
10 pm what the hell is up with that?

Believe it or not, they're not happy with 10:00. Constantly hear the old "5 more minutes", and "just a couple more" from them.

It's a 20 million dollar a year customer, located 2.5 miles from the airport gateway. First plane leaves at 10:30.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
LOL Sounds like they would make the plane wait for them if they could!!!

If I had a nickel for everytime I heard them say that we should hold a plane for them.....

Umm, well, I'd probably only have a buck and a half. But that's still a lot of times...:happy-very::happy-very:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
65 stops, don't recall the pkg amount. Started at 6:45am, punched out at 1445. Moved feeders, sorted for the first 2 hours. Visited the mall twice. Did all my stops in absolute (edd) order. Had 3 misloads that I also ran. Our mall was slammed, and the traffic leaving, was a nightmare, for those not on the clock...LOL

I got home so early that I took the kids and the dogs to the park and left the wife sleeping on the couch. We had a great time and so did she. Gotta love days like this.

Brownnblue

45 stops & 51 packages, had to bail out another driver also. No big deal, six hours at a "I have never seen this area in 22 years of driving" pace.