Day hours for FedEx Freight Road Drivers?

The Duke

Just curious to see if there are any centers where road drivers work daytime hours. I know they typically work nights starting at 1800 - 2200 range which may or may not include outbound dockwork prior to departure. I've heard that some centers do have day hours for the road drivers but don't know which centers have it. I presume drivers higher on the seniority list would bid for them first.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Just curious to see if there are any centers where road drivers work daytime hours. I know they typically work nights starting at 1800 - 2200 range which may or may not include outbound dockwork prior to departure. I've heard that some centers do have day hours for the road drivers but don't know which centers have it. I presume drivers higher on the seniority list would bid for them first.

Most road drivers are nights because the cross-dock sort from daytime PUD ops puts them on the road all night long. It's the same at UPS. The only people you see during day shift are high seniority, and the day work is sparse for road drivers.