DB Cooper is......

rod

Retired 22 years
They will never catch the real DB Cooper------he is a legend. There are just too many unanswered questions in this opportunists claim to fame. I've got a few deceased uncles I could make up stories about also.

over9five

Staff member
They will never catch the real DB Cooper------he is a legend. There are just too many unanswered questions in this opportunists claim to fame. I've got a few deceased uncles I could make up stories about also.
Real likely to get fingerprints off that 40 year old guitar strap too. Suuure, no one else has touched it in 40 years...

I know what you mean, my granddad used to claim being related to Jesse James, not the nutjob that was married to Sandra Bullock but the murdering ,train robber of yesteryear.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I know what you mean, my granddad used to claim being related to Jesse James, not the nutjob that was married to Sandra Bullock but the murdering ,train robber of yesteryear.
Not so fast, 555. They say that nutjob is related to the train robber. ;)

moreluck

golden ticket member
Not so fast, 555. They say that nutjob is related to the train robber. ;)

That's still 'up in the air'.............
"James' Discovery Channel website states that his great-great-grandfather was the famous outlaw's cousin.[SUP][9][/SUP] However, Eric James, president of the James Preservation Trust, which tracks claims of being a relative of the outlaw, says it cannot find a record of him in the family tree, and has asked him to provide a family genealogy and DNA sample for the Trust to review; he has not accepted the offer.[SUP][10"[/SUP]

over9five

Staff member
"James' Discovery Channel website states that his great-great-grandfather was the famous outlaw's cousin.[SUP][9][/SUP] However, Eric James, president of the James Preservation Trust, which tracks claims of being a relative of the outlaw, says it cannot find a record of him in the family tree, and has asked him to provide a family genealogy and DNA sample for the Trust to review; he has not accepted the offer.[SUP][10"[/SUP]
Blowin' smoke.

rod

Retired 22 years
I see JJ has resurfaced on the Am. Chopper show. That show has gone to the dogs also and isn't worth watching anymore. The last good motorcycle show was Biker Buildoff. RIP Indian Larry:

"James' Discovery Channel website states that his great-great-grandfather was the famous outlaw's cousin. However, Eric James, president of the James Preservation Trust, which tracks claims of being a relative of the outlaw, says it cannot find a record of him in the family tree, and has asked him to provide a family genealogy and DNA sample for the Trust to review; he has not accepted the offer.
This past year I played around with Ancestry.com. I could only track the James side of my family to my Great Grand Dad, his given name was too common to any further without sibling info or documents, neither of which we have. My G Dad , always said he couldn't remember his Dad's name being less than a year old when he died. I got his Dad's name from my Great Aunt's son who got it from her. Tracking the genealogy isn't easy without something to start with.

Menotyou, I think having the nutjob for a relative would be worse than the train robber. At least the original JJ had some excuses for his behavior.