Dealing with Pictures on the Box!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I had a lot of familys with little ones all on a culd a sac new development.. all the pkges with markings I would put in the shed of old couple down the street. notes on all the doors kids never knew.old couple gave me the key to shed!!! of course on car out with me once and almost freaked till I told him it was all about service. one happy nieghborhood!!

upsdude

As a follow up, I just see it as the right thing to do. For me it’s a positive distraction from a job that can sometimes be a real PIA. I was allowing myself to get stressed out yesterday, we had way more volume than expected. The kid’s packages and another stop whipped me back into shape. The other stop was a NDA letter containing a check so the consignee could buy a plane ticket, her Mom had passed away.

Merry Christmas to all my fellow UPS’ers!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Punching out at 7:45 on Christmas Eve creates the scrooge attitude.

Maybe you should stop delivering your stops dressed as your avatar. I mean, I know you stay warm and cozy in that suit, but I can see you taking on the very character. Besides, where's the UPS logo? LOL:wink2:

Merry Christmas, BM and all my fellow BC'ers. :happy-very:

disneyworld

I had a woman call in a complaint because I ruined her sons christmas. I was delivering a shelf system stereo and had a roughly 20 yo sign for it. I guess he still believes!!!!!!!!!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Maybe you should stop delivering your stops dressed as your avatar. I mean, I know you stay warm and cozy in that suit, but I can see you taking on the very character. Besides, where's the UPS logo? LOL:wink2:

Merry Christmas, BM and all my fellow BC'ers. :happy-very:

It's not a suit, I'm just a hairy individual.

8up

i must say that i am proud to be in such good company as all those who still know what it is that we deliver......service.
Merry Christmas to all, and to all the good life.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I do my best to conceal the packages from the kids, but at some point I have to get the thing delivered, especially if it is big and taking up space. The parents have the option of shipping the package to their work instead of home.

No such person

Southern Ct.
I'll usually knock on the door and explain to the Mom or Dad. Most of the time they'll ask me to leave it at a neighbors or meet me up the road in their car. If no one is home, oh well.

Cementups

Box Monkey
If people are home I will go out of my way for them to get it inside without the kids seeing. If they are not home, then too bad/so sad. I've even gone to the door with thepackages all stacked up behind me to hide from the view of curios eyes. Then I get hte fun mission of explaining to the customer what is behind me. Luckily I am a pretty big guy and can easily shield a couple generations of Ethipionas, so a cuople of packages are no problem.

Christmas is about the kids so I have no problem going out of my way for people. And it's a pretty small town so we all have to stick together.