Dealing with retirement dept for answers. No one there cares

• Thread starter Nothing by 1030 anymore
  • Start date

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Leasing works best for me. My Altima will basically be new when I retire and it will be nice to no have a car payment anymore. My mortgage will also either be paid off or nearly paid off when I leave. Shedding both of those payments will add nearly $2K/month to my retirement income, which will be huge.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Leasing works best for me. My Altima will basically be new when I retire and it will be nice to no have a car payment anymore. My mortgage will also either be paid off or nearly paid off when I leave. Shedding both of those payments will add nearly $2K/month to my retirement income, which will be huge.

Do some serious research, Dave.

Your car may be worth less than the lease buy out at the end.

I just looked on Edmunds at the trade value of my Tacoma. 75% of the purchase price after six years. I don't think Nissans are that high.

I just looked on Edmunds at the trade value of my Tacoma. 75% of the purchase price after six years. I don't think Nissans are that high.
Some cars had a good value and others don't. My wife's Hyundai doesn't hold the best value, but she wanted it.

That car will rust out before it wears out, for how little she drives

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Some cars had a good value and others don't. My wife's Hyundai doesn't hold the best value, but she wanted it.

That car will rust out before it wears out, for how little she drives

Hyundai/Kia is getting better quickly.

I drove a 38k Santa Fe last week, and was impressed. I'm waiting for the chance to drive a new Genesis.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
You know, I was going to ask you for advice, but then I thought to myself, I don't really care what you think (about any subject whatsoever).
You know I was going to ask you for martial or friendship advice and then I remembered you're very much alone and terrible with women.

Go ahead and waste your money. I don't care. It seems you're not very smart when it comes to a lot of things.

But hey that badass Altima will be all yours. And you will have paid probably close to double than what it's worth.

Good job.

When's that retirement date so that everyone at your center and all of us here can celebrate not ever having you around??

Orion inc.

I like turtles

He won't research. He's an expert on various subjects that he knows nothing about. You expect him to start researching now???

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....

2K surplus will offset the (ex) payoff; break even point
Good job!

rod

Retired 22 years
The retirement process can go either way--- smooth as silk or like pulling teeth. I also thought at the time I retired I was the 1st to ever do that because I couldn't get a straight answer out of anyone. I started the paperwork process about 6 months before I retired. After 30 years I trusted NOBODY! I actually ended up working 30 years and 27 days because I insisted on proof in writing that I qualified for everything I had earned. I wasn't about to take some pencil-pushers word for it over the phone--I wanted it in writing.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
never mind, don't even care
Perhaps you should read the Terms of Service.
There is a link at the bottom right of every page.
Terms and Rules

Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the public forum. If you have any concerns or questions about a staff decision, please take it up in private with a member of the site administration team.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I hear the easier you are to replace the easier the retirement process goes.
I was definitely replaceable in the job I had the year before I retired.
Tedious and boring ... 3 or 4 conference calls and 1 or 2 meetings per day.
It was hard staying awake.
During the conference calls, I always put the headset on mute so my snoring would not be broadcast to the 30 - 60 people on these calls.

25TOLIFE

I didn't retire with much advance notice. Was injured on the job and applied for disability pension. Got a NDA with approval paperwork in late January but everything was dated from October. I think the UPS pension dept is actually a broom closet with an antique fax machine and all the faxes just fall on the floor until deemed a tripping hazard.