Dealing with summer heat and rashes

I haven't had a problem in that area since I started wearing the long leg briefs.
But I may try out that medicated Gold Bond anyway.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
There is a product called Body Glide that will prevent any chafing. It is used by runners and can be found at most running or sporting goods stores. It goes on easily with no powdery mess. It is in a applicator like a stick of deodorant simply rub on any area to prevent chafing or blisters. You can use it under your arms, on your feet. You can also apply it to any "sensitive area" for men or women. Even working 10-12 hrs. a day in the Texas heat I avoid any painful rash by using Body Glide.

I second that. Excellent product.

happyboy

try wearing boxer brief combo underwear, and a little baby oil on the inside of your thighs. Thats what i do and it works pretty good

outta hours

I cannot believe you guys go through this torture!! Kinda makes the once-every-couple-of-years childbirth small potatoes compared to this.

Reminds of what Elaine from Seinfeld said to Jerry and George when they were having a discussion about a certain male area. " I don't know how you guys walk around with those things"

trickpony1

Many years ago a urologist told me not to use talc for the purpose intended/suggested in this thread.
He said the use of talc can contribute to sebaceous cysts in said area.
He recommended cornstarch and, no, I'm not making this up.

The Mook

This guy does not seem to have a problem. Do what he does and just eat nuts.
squirrel_nuts.jpg

I cannot believe you guys go through this torture!! Kinda makes the once-every-couple-of-years childbirth small potatoes compared to this.
Oh believe it, it's true. While the pain is no where near that of child birth, it's still painful. If you don't understand just tape a 3x3 piece of sand paper to your inner thigh for a day.:sick:

S

Shoeless Joe

There is a product called Body Glide that will prevent any chafing. It is used by runners and can be found at most running or sporting goods stores. It goes on easily with no powdery mess. It is in a applicator like a stick of deodorant simply rub on any area to prevent chafing or blisters. You can use it under your arms, on your feet. You can also apply it to any "sensitive area" for men or women. Even working 10-12 hrs. a day in the Texas heat I avoid any painful rash by using Body Glide.

Does it work well in the groin area?? Not trying to gross anyone out, this is something I think we all deal with in the summer. Seams like with our job there is no time for the healing.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I just received my under armor shirts. Wore one yesterday afternoon. They are different, but seemed to do what they claim. I will have to try it out for a few more days to see if I really like them.

Timtron22

I'm getting rashes on my arm, from picking up boxes, plus dust and sweat. This sucks! Even tho it's blazin hot in the warehouse/truck i think i'm going to have to wear long sleeves.

GameCockFan

Many years ago a urologist told me not to use talc for the purpose intended/suggested in this thread.
He said the use of talc can contribute to sebaceous cysts in said area.
He recommended cornstarch and, no, I'm not making this up.

Cornstarch. No joke. Really cheap and it works as good or better than those others. Used it many times in the past. Luckily now I'm in a/c feeder land.