Dear Jeff Bezos and Investors/Part Deux

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's pretty clear that Amazon has had enough of poor service from FedEx, since they've announced they're pretty much eliminating both FedEx and UPS as providers. Please be aware that FedEx has evidently kicked-off a campaign to tell everyone that "nothing happened". Yep, Fred S says there weren't anything but minor problems during Christmas. If you believe that, you're smoking some strong crack indeed.

This so typical of FedEx. Instead of fixing the problem, they just pretend there is no problem. Wow, what a highly effective way to run a business, huh? This is face-saving, because the loss of Amazon makes it look like FedEx failed a major customer (they did), and that they are incompetently managed (they are).

I wish I could post the pictures of thousands of packages (primarily Amazon) sitting in puddles of water on station floors, or stacked 7-8 feet high...4 days after Christmas.

And, Mr. Bezos, you have made the right decision to purge a poorly performing vendor that cannot provide the service you desire. I'm sure lots of other shippers will be coming to the same conclusion.

bbsam

Staff member
I am stunned at your blind hatred of Fred. Jeff Bezos IS Fred 30 years younger with three times the ambition and not an ounce of care for his employees. You wanna see a man fixated on stock price? Jeff Bezos is Bernie Madoff should Amazon's stock take a significant hit.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't think so. No UPS....no Fedex...who to use, USPS?

Regional carriers supplemented by the USPS.

Amazon's shipping costs are staggering, even with the substantial discounts from both carriers. It is crucial to their survival that they control these costs.

It is no secret that the loss to either carrier of this major account would be substantial. 1/3 of my residential deliveries are Amazon. I would shudder to think of how many routes would be permanently cut if we were to lose Amazon.

bbsam

Staff member
HD does a lot of Amazon on Saturdays but the post office and regionals have a long way to go before they are able to handle all the volume that UPS and FDX do. I don't think Ground /HD would be too heartbroken to see it go. From what I understand, it really isn't very profitable.

TUT

Yeah MFE hasn't come to grips that what he is facing is the state of the corporate industry. He's pandering to the same thing he's fighting against. Que the cliches: "Meet the new...", "Grass isn't", "Careful what". It's all the same :censored2:, one curve to it is a Union. All sit on same boards, reading same books, being controlled by the same source.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I am stunned at your blind hatred of Fred. Jeff Bezos IS Fred 30 years younger with three times the ambition and not an ounce of care for his employees. You wanna see a man fixated on stock price? Jeff Bezos is Bernie Madoff should Amazon's stock take a significant hit.

My focus is on Fred trying to pretend FedEx didn't fail and Jeff's reaction to it. You're going somewhere else with it. Yes, I hate Fred S...nothing new there.