Dear Soberups

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Please post some more of your scathing attacks on management here.

It would appear that I struck a nerve.

Perhaps some of the criticisms I share regarding management are striking a bit close to home? Perhaps the truth hurts just a bit?

I have been at UPS for 22 years and in that time I have seen a lot of damn fine management people get screwed over, chewed up and spit out by a system that places impossible expectations upon them. I call it like I see it. But then again, what do I know...I'm just one of those "union goons" you so often refer to.:happy-very:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
thank you for allowing me the privledge of making this thread on your site without having it deleted.

Its not my site. I'm not a moderator. I have no control over what is or is not allowed. I have never requested that any post be removed and I have never complained about the content of any post.

There are a lot of things in life that are worth getting upset over. What someone posts on an Internet forum isnt one of them.

klein

Für Meno :)
Its not my site. I'm not a moderator. I have no control over what is or is not allowed. I have never requested that any post be removed and I have never complained about the content of any post.

There are a lot of things in life that are worth getting upset over. What someone posts on an Internet forum isnt one of them.

Either will I.
Darn good post, Soberups.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
As I posted in another thread, I removed one of Soberups's threads before I removed Tie's. Just because you don't see something, it doesn't mean that it wasn't there once. Tie's Gay themed video was the same video and posted in several threads. Among the mod team, we have five full time drivers, two salaried that used to work in IE, a retired Division Manager, and the owner is the wife of a retired manager. So the claim that this is a Teamster only site is wrong to me. Hourly and management both often complain about things that come from above, thats just the nature of the beast.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Scratch

This is a UPSers site. Always has been, always will be.

And the open and usually honest discussion of ideas is what has made it great. Both sides present their opinion and experience, and the rest make the decision as to who made the better argument. And hopefully, the truth will win out.

Tie, I must say that while at times Sobers viewpoints are a bit one sided, I do find a stinging truth to some of the examples he gave. He did so with humor, and sometimes while it is humorous, it also has a serious bite to it.

Deal with it. Thats life.

The bottom line to the whole discussion is that we understand the need for IE. But we also see issues, issues that members of this board that have worked IE know are there. Issues that need to be addressed, without blame assigned. Currently, it would seem the blame gets put on the service provider.

We know there is a problem. You know there is a problem. So dont ignore it, sweep it under the pile of paperwork, deal with it, fix it.

I also find that the mods use moderation in moderation. It usually has to be pretty bad to get kicked off. I thought I had lost it when I tried to find one that had a video on it that I did not have time to watch at first, and then it was gone.

d

Catatonic

Nine Lives
As I posted in another thread, I removed one of Soberups's threads before I removed Tie's. Just because you don't see something, it doesn't mean that it wasn't there once. Tie's Gay themed video was the same video and posted in several threads. Among the mod team, we have five full time drivers, two salaried that used to work in IE, a retired Division Manager, and the owner is the wife of a retired manager. So the claim that this is a Teamster only site is wrong to me. Hourly and management both often complain about things that come from above, thats just the nature of the beast.

That's the truth ... the Mods complain about Cheryl all the time. Pay sucks, no benefits, and hubby gets preferential treatment. I'm just waiting for another site I can go to!