Dear Soberups

tieguy

Banned
haha, good posts sober...tieguy, did you really make a thread telling him to post things you complain about...REALLY?

his posts are there for anyone and everyone to read. I let much of it go. I then decided to follow his lead and post a response adopting his exact style here. It was quickly deleted. I posted my objections. Since the site does favor the teamster mindset my posts were quickly deleted and squashed thought the mirrored everything sober has done here.

This thread then made that point.

tieguy

Banned
Scratch

This is a UPSers site. Always has been, always will be.

And the open and usually honest discussion of ideas is what has made it great. Both sides present their opinion and experience, and the rest make the decision as to who made the better argument. And hopefully, the truth will win out.

Tie, I must say that while at times Sobers viewpoints are a bit one sided, I do find a stinging truth to some of the examples he gave. He did so with humor, and sometimes while it is humorous, it also has a serious bite to it.

Deal with it. Thats life.

The bottom line to the whole discussion is that we understand the need for IE. But we also see issues, issues that members of this board that have worked IE know are there. Issues that need to be addressed, without blame assigned. Currently, it would seem the blame gets put on the service provider.

We know there is a problem. You know there is a problem. So dont ignore it, sweep it under the pile of paperwork, deal with it, fix it.

I also find that the mods use moderation in moderation. It usually has to be pretty bad to get kicked off. I thought I had lost it when I tried to find one that had a video on it that I did not have time to watch at first, and then it was gone.

d

I think you know me better then that. The dannyboy I know would have recognized the points in my objections and supported my point. Believing in your wisdom I'll then assume you missed my points on your first pass.:happy-very:

tieguy

Banned
With that said. Ive made my points. I'm done with it. You can either wonder why most management posters here lay low or joke about issues rather then facing them head on or you can keep assuming that everything here is roses.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Tie

I must say that I missed the other posts that were deleted. So I can not comment on them. I have been a bit busy.

What I will say, and then disappear for a while, is that both sides have made points here. And management posters such as Pman and others have laid out the system. And while it is state of the art, and the best that has ever been seen, it still has problems that we as drivers have to deal with every day. And it also affects the customer, which is also something that most drivers take very seriously.

While I dont advocate tearing down the house to fix the leak, I also think it is the height of irresponsible behavior to ignore it, or hold others responsible for the short comings.

Best

d

Catatonic

Nine Lives
... wonder why most management posters here lay low or joke about issues rather then facing them head on or you can keep assuming that everything here is roses.

wonder why most management posters here lay low
they feel sorry for the
schlemiels?

or joke about issues
because they don't take the cretins seriously?

rather then facing them head on
and subject themselves to the thrashings of those that are controlled by others

or you can keep assuming that everything here is rose ...

But these rose colored glasses, that I'm looking through,
Show only the beauty, cause they hide all the truth,
And they let me hold on to the good times,
When reflections on the lies show me a fool.

tieguy

Banned
wonder why most management posters here lay low
they feel sorry for the schlemiels?

or joke about issues
because they don't take the cretins seriously?

rather then facing them head on
and subject themselves to the thrashings of those that are controlled by others

or you can keep assuming that everything here is rose ...

But these rose colored glasses, that I'm looking through,
Show only the beauty, cause they hide all the truth,
And they let me hold on to the good times,
When reflections on the lies show me a fool.

thanks for demonstrating.:happy-very:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Tie

I must say that I missed the other posts that were deleted. So I can not comment on them. I have been a bit busy.

What I will say, and then disappear for a while, is that both sides have made points here. And management posters such as Pman and others have laid out the system. And while it is state of the art, and the best that has ever been seen, it still has problems that we as drivers have to deal with every day. And it also affects the customer, which is also something that most drivers take very seriously.

While I dont advocate tearing down the house to fix the leak, I also think it is the height of irresponsible behavior to ignore it, or hold others responsible for the short comings.

Best

d
Not only do we take it seriously, we are generally the first ones to have to deal with what ever issues the customer has. The system is not perfect, not yet.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
his posts are there for anyone and everyone to read. I let much of it go. I then decided to follow his lead and post a response adopting his exact style here. It was quickly deleted. I posted my objections. Since the site does favor the teamster mindset my posts were quickly deleted and squashed thought the mirrored everything sober has done here.

This thread then made that point.

You claim to have adopted my exact "style", whatever that is...yet from what I hear you posted a link to a video of two men having sex and are now upset that it got deleted. I, on the other hand, made humorous comparisons between an IE manager and Darth Vader, between management inititation and fraternity hazing, and between preload and Lucy Ball in a candy factory. All rated PG, all in good humor, nothing blatantly offensive or hateful.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You claim to have adopted my exact "style", whatever that is...yet from what I hear you posted a link to a video of two men having sex and are now upset that it got deleted. I, on the other hand, made humorous comparisons between an IE manager and Darth Vader, between management inititation and fraternity hazing, and between preload and Lucy Ball in a candy factory. All rated PG, all in good humor, nothing blatantly offensive or hateful.

Not hateful? Now that is funny.

tieguy

Banned

It is what it is my friend. I've had my day in court and moved on.

Pip

I don't post a whole lot, Do more reading then anything. Generally try to stay out of the pissing contests. But one question always comes to mind, not just here on the forum, but in the everyday dealings at work. Why is there so much or as it seems, division amongst management and hourly? I guess I really have never figured this one question out, to this day. To an extent both work side by side on a daily basis with a common goal. But yet it seems there is always that "" Us against them attitude"".

Seems that if it wasn't for the job,most could easily drink a beer together at the end of the day and think life couldn't be better. Does corporate want or try to keep this type of atmosphere? Maybe I'm just out in left field walking around in circles with no clue, but seems as a whole, a lot of it is counterproductive.

I think to an extent, it carry's over to these forums, too.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I don't post a whole lot, Do more reading then anything. Generally try to stay out of the pissing contests. But one question always comes to mind, not just here on the forum, but in the everyday dealings at work. Why is there so much or as it seems, division amongst management and hourly? I guess I really have never figured this one question out, to this day. To an extent both work side by side on a daily basis with a common goal. But yet it seems there is always that "" Us against them attitude"".

Seems that if it wasn't for the job,most could easily drink a beer together at the end of the day and think life couldn't be better. Does corporate want or try to keep this type of atmosphere? Maybe I'm just out in left field walking around in circles with no clue, but seems as a whole, a lot of it is counterproductive.

If I am ever up in PA or you in GA, let's get together and discuss this over a beer.

diesel96

Good post, allow me to expand a little....The brew-ha-ha originated with a slapstick shot at IE. Nobody should get all upset over this unless the individuals involved have an on-going beef and history with each other.... It seems this is the case hear...The moral of the story...Don't shoot the messenger.....I'll have a Landshark and a shot of Cuervo....lime-no salt...

P

pickup

Dear Soberups:

I have a friend who is cheating on his wife. The wife is also a friend of mine . She is unaware of her husband cheating on her. I feel that I should tell her about her husband's infidelity because not only does she have a right to know but by being unaware, she is more likely to catch a sexually transmitted disease because she is essentially sleeping with whomever her husband is sleeping with. My girlfriend tells me I should keep my mouth shut. What do you think I should do?

Confused in New Jersey.

P

pickup

I should have read the original post in this thread. I thought soberups was running an advice column.