Dear Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingOFchester

4986-jennifer-lopez-booty.jpg

Is this ghetto booty?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
You are right . This thread was a bad idea by you. You would not have liked it one bit if our roles had been reversed.

I'm asking for fair treatment , open communication and an appeals process. something the old dannyboy would have and did fight for at work but seems to find a foriegn concept here.

I frequently disagree with Tieguy...and for all I know I am still on his "ignore" list....but like it or not he has a point.

It is the mark of intellectual honesty to force oneself to entertain opposing points of view. Censorship...in virtually any form...can have the effect of depriving one of such an opportunity. Obviously there must still be boundaries of what is and is not appropriate, and on a privately-run website the owner certainly has the final say on what those boundaries should be...but my personal opinion is that any sort of censorship should only be employed as an absolute last resort. My preference will always be to decide for myself what is and is not appropriate for me to read or look at, and the beauty of the Internet is that anybody can excercise that right with nothing more than a mouse-click.

I am curious to know just what it is that is causing Tieguy to be so heavily moderated as he claims to be. And I would agree that some sort of transparent, open appeals process ought to be available to anybody who feels that a moderators decision is unfair. In my 3 years and 3700+ posts on Brown Cafe, I have only had a handful (less than 5 IIRC) of my posts get deleted or edited, and in hindsight it was very clear to me that I did indeed violate TOS and that the actions of the moderator were appropriate.

kingOFchester

I frequently disagree with Tieguy...and for all I know I am still on his "ignore" list....but like it or not he has a point.

It is the mark of intellectual honesty to force oneself to entertain opposing points of view. Censorship...in virtually any form...can have the effect of depriving one of such an opportunity. Obviously there must still be boundaries of what is and is not appropriate, and on a privately-run website the owner certainly has the final say on what those boundaries should be...but my personal opinion is that any sort of censorship should only be employed as an absolute last resort. My preference will always be to decide for myself what is and is not appropriate for me to read or look at, and the beauty of the Internet is that anybody can excercise that right with nothing more than a mouse-click.

I am curious to know just what it is that is causing Tieguy to be so heavily moderated as he claims to be. And I would agree that some sort of transparent, open appeals process ought to be available to anybody who feels that a moderators decision is unfair. In my 3 years and 3700+ posts on Brown Cafe, I have only had a handful (less than 5 IIRC) of my posts get deleted or edited, and in hindsight it was very clear to me that I did indeed violate TOS and that the actions of the moderator were appropriate.

Yup

menotyou

bella amicizia

He has asked for many chances of a fair hearing. Not saying I'm impartial, but have had to endure his rants against anyone who opposes his thinking. At what point do you say, done?

kingOFchester

but have had to endure his rants against anyone who opposes his thinking.?

But thats just it......U don't have to endure........ Either just read the rant, read and respond to rant, or just ignore. It's not like you are forced to read the said rants......one could even argue that BC even gives the individual members of BC the ability to ignore any poster by the click of a mouse. Then the receiver wouldn't even be able to read the rants.

Last edited:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
We come in different shapes and we should be proud of our bodies.
Girl, I agree up to a point. But at what time can you be proud of the "trunk" that is so big it needs 4 zipcodes?

Sober

The last communication I had with tie, he was trying to enlist me to join his side. Problem is I had no idea what his side consisted of.

Tie forgets I do many times take the side of the underdog if I feel he needs help. But I refuse to be drawn into an argument that I have not had any background on.

Tie has had every opportunity to email me (I posted my email on this site for him), or to call me (If he still has my phone number), as we have talked before. So while he can wail about not being able to use the PM on this site, he has no excuse for not contacting me. So I am left with wondering why.

Secondly, This is Cheryl's site. I too have been spanked, even when I believed I was right. IF you notice on my warnings, it said I insulted a poster. Actually, I was the one insulted when another poster said he wanted to rape my daughter while I watched. The only response was that I didn't know he liked children, because my daughter at the time was a minor.

But it is her site. I didn't threaten to sue, bitch and moan to hundreds of BCers about how badly I was treated. I accepted that she has the right to determine who can or can not post here. For just reasons, or just because she thinks you happen to be ugly.

As happens every year, its time for me to put in some long days again. Maybe this winter, when I slow down again, things will have worked their way out. If not, well, this is a past time, not an important part of my life.

Best

d

Ms.PacMan

Speaking of soaps...well, maybe it's a different one, but Susan Lucci was on Racheal Ray this morn.

Oh, yeah, I'd still, uh, like to, uh, make her, uh, aquaintance...yeah, that's it. Her AQUAINTANCE!!

Yes, she seems like a very.....uhh... nice girl....yeah thats it!!!

You can say it.....Susan Lucci is one HOT chick for an old lady!!! She was on Fox & friends and she was showing Brian Kilmeade how kisses are done on the soap operas. It was funny and Brian was actually blushing.

All I will say is that I am willing to make her acquaintance.
Any day.

What is it about Rachel Ray and men? Is it that she cooks? That throaty laugh of hers? Her accent? That' she is somewhat normal appearing? I don't get it. She's nice and all, but I wouldn't think that's the type of woman men would get hot and bothered about.

And I don't check in with the cafe in a couple of weeks and all hell has apparently let loose.

She has a great personality!

I can't watch her show at all. Rachel is cute, but her voice irritates me.

What show is she on? I've heard her name but I can't picture her.

Her show is "30 Minute Meals" on The Food Network, plus her line of cookware at Kohl's.

Rachel is cute and a good cook.
Girl next door thing.
Susan Lucci puts the steam into the pot.
Even if you do not get it, I do.

Her she is at the stove.

rachel_ray.jpg

Pretty lady ... never seen her.
Not pretty enough to watch a cook show though.
Funny though, I know who Paula Dean is and what she looks like.

She's on QVC a lot. She has these nifty oval pans with orange handles.

I like her getto booty.

I didn't want to offend anyone, but damn! Sorry, couldn't resist!! LOL!!!
[video=youtube;k4he79krseU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4he79krseU[/video]

Lets try, again. After the whale.
[video=youtube;35CPSP8qyG4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35CPSP8qyG4[/video]

I know what you mean- It's the same effect as George Lopez's voice.

Susan Estrich - her voice annoys me.

Please define.

All off topic and I could have quoted more. 3 moderators. This is why I don't visit this site very often anymore because off the lack of moderation. Whatever this discussion is supposed to be about is completely lost because of all the other dribble.

I suspect it is just a way to subtly harass and dismiss posters and topics.

rod

Retired 22 years
I personally like all the fighting and drama that is BC. This place would be boring without it. Tie has jumped on me a couple of times but on the other hand he has PM'ed me a couple of nice comments. Maybe we should fire him and send him home to think about it (just for 3 or 4 days-don't tell him we are just doing it to teach him a lesson) ----(no wait- UPS holds the rights to that special form of torture). If he truely is being so overly moderated I know if I was him I would just move on. (I can picture upstate right now typing like a mad man - sending messages to Cheryl about how to get rid of me).

Ms.PacMan

Rod - This could be the perfect thread to bring about peace but I really don't know what all the fuss is about so cannot say. I was trying to figure out what was going on and it's impossible.

What I do know is there are a lot of threads where off topic is an understatement and I just don't have the kind of time it takes to wade thru unnecessary posts. Steve had the right idea to start a conversation thread a couple yrs ago.

over9five

Staff member
All off topic and I could have quoted more. 3 moderators. This is why I don't visit this site very often anymore because off the lack of moderation. Whatever this discussion is supposed to be about is completely lost because of all the other dribble.

Isn't your post off topic as well?

packageguy

I think since this is an opened thread, Let Tieguy be heard,
I think he should start a thread about what ----- problems
he thinks are here. Lets see what responses he gets . I think it would fun

Get over yourself it's not all about you. I can't speak for others but when I posted this it was because I was doing just what you say. It's a tired ass subject and a big bitch fest from tie. Get over it and if you don't like this site or it's moderators good for you.

satellitedriver

Ms, all threads morph.
Each are like a conversation around a dinner table.
Rarely does the subject brought up stay on track.
You think this site is under moderated and others think it is over moderated.
While the discussion can be animated at the table it will pause when someone politely asks, " Please pass the salt."

rapidrandall

slow but sure
tie, I have enjoyed your opinion over the years, even when it is opposite to mine. Open discussion and a good debate is what drew me to this site and I support your request for a way to openly rewiew a moderators decision. Good luck and best wishes to all.

kingOFchester

I agree, I would like to see an open review of a moderators decision to censor. That said, this is a board owned by Cheryl. The boards are used to generate revenue for the owner. The owner is doing what they feel is best for their bottom line. Right or wrong, good or bad, that is the way it is and should be. I appreciate the fact that we have BC, and it has helped me more then I could ever re-pay. But we don't pay. The advertisers do. The owner obviously feels that what ever was censored would or could cause the site to loose traffic if they allowed the stuff they censor to just get posted unchecked. I may not like the fact that what i post may be deleted, but I could always start my own board.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
While I greatly value the wisdom of tieguy's life and work experience and his longstanding history as a member here I believe it is not in the site's best interest for me to remain silent about his accusations any longer.

Just to be clear I have been admin of this site for about a dozen years and during that time I have been accused of every bias and agenda imaginable. At this point I have no illusions about the possibility of making everyone here happy. I don't claim to be perfect and expect to make mistakes. I do try to keep an open mind and do my best not to take any criticism of this site personally.

I still consider tieguy a friend of this site and am hopeful that there is still a way to come to an understanding with him in spite of his public contempt for me and the moderators. Recent examples of his malicious personal attacks against me include accusing me of giving control of the site to a company shill, planting a virus on his computer, ruining the website by adding moderators and threatening to sue for redirecting his computer when he's off this site. He also posted accusations on the espn forum that my husband supports pedophilia.

Now he is accusing the mods of "heavy censorship". I just reviewed the moderation logs for the past 30 days just to make sure I'm not missing something here... the accusations that tieguy is being "heavily censored" are misleading. I believe that his claim of heavy censorship is a clumsy reference to the fact that after his last infraction all of his posts are automatically entered into the moderation queue for approval prior to displaying on the public forum. That means his posts are delayed until one of the mods comes along and approves it from the queue. This function is the form of progressive discipline built into this software. There are other members here that have been posting from within this system for several years.

According to the moderation logs his posts are very rarely altered in any way, unless you count the half dozen "what is this site afraid of?" posts he spammed into different threads on the 31st. It was me that moved those to the trash can. Tony also moved one to the trash can this morning because tie was targeting me. (He was trying to protect me, today is our 29th anniversary btw) I'll move it back into this thread so it's on the record for all to see.

Tie. I do not want to humiliate you or retaliate against you. It has just gotten to the point where I choose not to tolerate this anymore. The decisions you make from this point forward will determine if your account will be restored to full access or if you will be banned.

Incongruity

Banned
Another debate another fightarguing vehemently over what is righton one side you have a constant foeagain in a tither again in a roeHe's asking for fairnessa committee of reviewa change to the sitethat would be something newon the other the dean of the brown cafeshe says this is my siteto be run my waydont want no questionsdont want to guffcomplain to me and I will get roughso take your beating move on with your crapshut your mouth before I snapbut cheryl he says I have rights herethink about that while I get another beerYour rights here she says are what I do willso shut your mouth while you drink swillIf your dont likehere is the dealI'll tighten your chains if you ask for an appeali run this siteno review no morecomplain some more and I'll boot you out the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.