Dear Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiskey

All off topic and I could have quoted more. 3 moderators. This is why I don't visit this site very often anymore because off the lack of moderation. Whatever this discussion is supposed to be about is completely lost because of all the other dribble.

I suspect it is just a way to subtly harass and dismiss posters and topics.

maybe

menotyou

bella amicizia
it appears I annoy you. Its possible I have earned that honor or its possibly you transfer your anger with your management team to me. In either case you should probably put me on ignore to relieve this stress. I have to warn you though its not a catch all. A perfect ignore option would completely remove my offending posts from your view. In this case you will see that I posted you just wont see what I posted.

It was a subtle attempt to be humorous with you. I am not sure why I tried. It was probably a mistake.

I really thought all this talk of "ignore option" was a joke of some kind. I didn't realize it truly existed. I feel no need to ignore anyone.

I am somewhat bewildered by your perception that I am transferring something onto you. I know exactly who/what I am angry with in my district. I am not going into all those issues here.

My issue with you was your inability to believe me when I was talking about my own issues. I have no reason to lie to you. I don't even know you. You could be the geek from IT, for all I know. Or, a FedEx driver. Who knows? You were extremely hostile towards me. Instead of holding onto that, I still interacted with you.

What I see is a very big spoon dying to stir the pot. Being a somewhat nosy person, that can be very entertaining to watch and read. It can, also, be very annoying, as you said.

Last edited:

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
cheryl,

you edited my response to rapid where I thanked him for having the courage to speak up. I'm also missing two posts made in the last hour. That is censorship.

Your response does not address my point directly. I hope you have the courage to post this in its entirity without editing it as you have so many other posts of mine here.
Another claim that your posts are being edited? Perhaps you did you know that this software generates an automated log of moderation activities.

I did not edit your post responding to rapid. The only record in the mod log is that the post was approved to display on the public forum. In other words if your post had been edited the software would record an entry listing the post and who edited it. There is no such entry in the moderation log.

This log goes back several years and logs every post or thread that has been edited, approved or trash canned. You might want to keep that in mind when you make claims like this.

It is true that 2 of your posts complaining about how long it was taking your posts to show up were trash canned last night. There was no other content in those posts and they added no content to this thread. Posting the same thing multiple times is spamming. Those posts were not censored, they were thrown out because your were repeatedly spamming this thread by posting the same thing over and over.

This site runs on an honor system where we grant freedom from customary surveillance with the understanding that to freely post on this site you are bound by your honor to observe our regulations and will therefore not abuse the trust placed in you. Our moderators rely on the community to report inappropriate content so that it can be reviewed and appropriate action taken.

You sir, have abused our trust and so your private messaging access has been restricted and your posts will be queued for moderator approval prior to displaying on the public forum. That is the consequence of repeatedly violating our house rules and TOS. There are some other members that have continued to post under the same restrictions because we cannot rely on them to behave responsibly either.

I asked for a review of jones decision and you locked up my account and suppressed my ability to communicate in retaliation.
with all due respect this site has grown and its time to allow and expect complaints here.

I tried to complain privately. you took away my private message options
I laughed when you took away my pm privledges and told me not to take it public.
what other option did you give me?

cheryl take your gut out of it and move on. Your moderators do a good job but they will make mistakes. when they do there needs to be an appeals process.
Tie, you were using the pm system to scold the mods. They are not your employees, they are volunteers doing a difficult and thankless job. Moderating this forum is like trying to herd cats and I greatly appreciate all of their efforts here. The forum would fall apart without them. You did not respect my request to stop badgering the mods via pm's so I shut yours off

Seriously tie, this has gone on too long. Why don't you just post a list your specific grievances so we can get that chip off of your shoulder and move on.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Cheryl I know I'm outspoken, very opinionated and lord knows I'm hardheaded but I am not a liar.

I'll blog my response so nothing get lost in the translation this time.

may you have the courage to allow those to go through moderation unedited.
Okay tie... I need to make sure that you understand that this log is built into vbulletin and it automatically generates a log entry of all moderation activities.

Under these circumstances it is perfectly reasonable to take this absence of proof that your post was edited as positive proof that it was not edited

menotyou

bella amicizia
This thread is starting to sound a little more warm and fuzzy. Like a towel fresh from the dryer. I love that. I am going to go skip and giggle at the same time!!:happy-very:

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
LOL, perfect software proves tieguy guilty of lying. News flash at 6. cheryl theres is a problem here with your answer and Its not me.

I thanked the poster for having the courage to speak up here. that part was missing the rest of the post was intact. Logs can be edited too.

Perhaps we can have the approving moderator put their names or initials on the posts they approve so we can see if there is a pattern? Oh yes the pefect log system tells you that too.
Sorry tie, you are implying that one of the mods edited it? The log is fully automated and integrated into the software. It is not editable by the mods, not even by the sys admin, which is me.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Tie, Ive tried to reach out, but I guess this was aimed at me?

He burned that bridge when he supported the other side against me

So you burned our bridge. So be it.

So we are trying to pick sides. You against the site. That would explain some of the PM's you sent to me. I wonder how many others members of the BC you PMed trying to get them to enlist on "your side". While they are private, and I will keep them that way, you really have to ask why your privilage to PM was taken away? Really?

what pray tell do you have to hide here when you block private message options?
Tell you what, how do you think you would feel for someone misusing your sites PM system to attempt to recruit others to your side? And you wonder why your PM privilege was suspended?

I am asking for is open communication and a process to review erroneous decisions by a moderator. You dont need any more explanation than that its pretty simple

I saw how you asked. What I saw was not somebody asking, but a two year old temper tantrum. Kinda reminded me of out of control management demanding to resume control of a situation. What you posted was far from asking for open communication.

As for a review process of actions taken by the mods, that is a good idea. One that is bargained for, suggested and negotiated, not demanded. I saw how you asked in public.

I wonder if an employee came up to you and threw a tantrum like you did, if they would ever get what they were after. While I know this is a bit different, the outcome is not.

didn't ask for this thread nor the type of help you offer on it. I dont need counseling from anyone because my request is really pretty simple and does not require explaining.

People that need intervention are the last to ever ask for it. In their eyes, they dont see a problem, its everyone else. You didn't ask for the thread, but you sure have no problem using it to further your ajenda......

the true test of courage would be for someone to stand up and demand fair treatment for someone that they may not personally like. I challenge someone here to have the courage to show that character

Problem with that is you confuse courage and character. You showed neither in your attacks on Cheryl. While I support a part of what you are seeking, I refuse to stand with you.

Perhaps you should ask danny , looks like he wants a management job here

This seems to be a real problem for you, doesn't it big guy. You keep repeating it over and over again.

Is it because you really want the title of Mod Manager??? After all, you like control, dont you?

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Booo hoooo hoooo

The knife has your prints though, remember?

You were the one that resorted to name calling when you attempted to have me join your "side"

When I explained to you that I had no knowledge of what you were complaining about, you took the short cut. Instead of giving me any background, you gave ultimatums, just like Cheryl.

Sorry, I dont take well to people calling names and giving ultimatums.

Like I said, I can support the cause, not the course of action.

As for
Not sure why you think you need to keep injecting yourself into this discussion.
, you invited me silly, wanna read the PM? Oh wait, I bet you never sent it, I bet it was that nasty virus that BC installed on your computer.

So, inquiring minds want to know, have you impressed Cheryl with your management skills enough, so you can be promoted to mod manager?

d

I'm so glad summer is right around the corner less posts and less drama. Me being a guy it seems like I have a hard time not getting along with anyone I'm just easy going. My wife has drama with her lady friends and she always comments that I get along so well with my guy friends. I say it's because were dudes. You two remind me of a couple of women right now. Sorry ladies no disrespect

menotyou

bella amicizia
I'm so glad summer is right around the corner less posts and less drama. Me being a guy it seems like I have a hard time not getting along with anyone I'm just easy going. My wife has drama with her lady friends and she always comments that I get along so well with my guy friends. I say it's because were dudes. You two remind me of a couple of women right now. Sorry ladies no disrespect

You guys just sit around comparing fart stench. Sometimes, that sounds............
I can't say. I never fart. Fluff, maybe....

browndevil

That's actually kind of ironic since it's two guys in a pissing match :)

Status
Not open for further replies.