Death In Immediate Family.

NY11725

Condolences to you. So good to see you had such a great relationship.

All good comments here, especially COMMUNICATING. They may not even be expecting you in tonight. How do you feel? Do you actually FEEL like going in? Talk to them. It may be, if you don't feel like it, they'll just let you book off.

My mom died on early Tues morn. I was scheduled to S/W at 12:45 AM on feeder run (start of my week). By then, Hospice had taken over, called to say she was unresponsive and it could be now. I called CO., they said, fine, just let us know. Died at 2:40 AM. Called em in morn to tell em. They said, "You probably taking rest of week off?" I said, "Probably". Fine, just let us know. Take as much as you need. Of course, I only got paid for what contract said. My point? I communicated, they understood and worked with me.

Again, it depends on how you feel tonight. Work MAY be good, maybe not. But, let em know, OK?

My Condolences to you as well.

Gazelle

Race me!
I'm sorry for your loss.

However you are stealing from the company by telling them this is your grandfather. It's almost bothersome that you say you are a well trusted employee. If they find out, is 4 days of pay worth your job?

NY11725

I'm sorry for your loss.

However you are stealing from the company by telling them this is your grandfather. It's almost bothersome that you say you are a well trusted employee. If they find out, is 4 days of pay worth your job?

He's more like a Father to me. I do my job correctly everyday, I pick up tons of slack from every loader on my belt everyday. I would consider myself a good employee. All because he is my GGP on paper, doesn't mean he's more to me than that.

Gazelle

Race me!
I'm not trying to make you think anything less of your great grandfather.

You are stealing from the company. You are not entitled to these days. Rules are rules. You think that because you are a good worker UPS owes you something?

NY11725

I'm not trying to make you think anything less of your great grandfather.

You are stealing from the company. You are not entitled to these days. Rules are rules. You think that because you are a good worker UPS owes you something?

I would appreciate if you stop adding negativity to the thread by dismissing yourself from it.

Leftinbuilding

He's more like a Father to me. I do my job correctly everyday, I pick up tons of slack from every loader on my belt everyday. I would consider myself a good employee. All because he is my GGP on paper, doesn't mean he's more to me than that.

Very sorry to read you were dishonest in your naming who had died in your report to UPS. This indicates you had some prior knowledge of how the contract reads and made a conscience decision to misinform them. Your personal opinion of your relationship with your great grand father will not be a consideration if UPS learns of the deception. They deal very harshly with lying. Sad you took that route.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm not being negative at all. You're the one who chose to be a liar.

The OP doesn't understand we think he has every right to take time to grieve. However they should not be paid to do it. They also don't understand ups could care less how close u were to someone.

Just because I'm closer to my best friend than anyone else in my life doesn't mean I think I should get 4 paid days off if he passes.

NY11725

The OP doesn't understand we think he has every right to take time to grieve. However they should be paid to do it. They also don't understand ups could care less how close u were to someone.

Just because I'm closer to my best friend than anyone else in my life doesn't mean I think I should get 4 paid days off if he passes.

If UPS doesn't care, why should we all the time?

Not to be a :censored2:, but there are plenty of times UPS screws us, and lies to us, and is dishonest with us.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The OP doesn't understand we think he has every right to take time to grieve. However they should be paid to do it. They also don't understand ups could care less how close u were to someone.

If UPS doesn't care, why should we all the time?

Not to be a :censored2:, but there are plenty of times UPS screws us, and lies to us, and is dishonest with us.

You shouldn't. It's a job to pay the bills. If ups is going to be a career for u the sooner u learn this the better.

However not caring and being dishonest are two different things.

scoutlover

Is the 4 days for a full-time driver the same nationally, or does it change by local? The reason I ask is that my grandmother passed away in November on a late Sunday night/early Monday morning and the funeral was on Wed. I was out Monday through Wed, but only got paid for two days. Depending on who you ask, i hear we get paid for either 2 or 3 days, but not four. And you only get the third day of pay if you travel. I've filed a grievance on it but it still hasn't been heard. I also asked for penalty pay since its been 5 months since it happened. What should I expect? Sorry for the hijack.

NY11725

You know what everyone you're all right. I should be listening to you all. I'm sorry.

I'm going to go in tonight, and let my supervisor know that I believe I said grand father, when it was my great grand father.

Hopefully, this will grant me my respect back with you guys here which is more important than a few bucks.

It was honestly not planned or done on purpose.

My apologies.

Leftinbuilding

Unfortunately, your supe will have to report it up the chain of command or he puts his job in jeopardy. And when someday, your grandfather passes, and you ask for time off, the truth will be known. At that point everyone who had knowledge of the "mistake" will be at risk. Deception opens a nasty can of worms.

NY11725

Unfortunately, your supe will have to report it up the chain of command or he puts his job in jeopardy. And when someday, your grandfather passes, and you ask for time off, the truth will be known. At that point everyone who had knowledge of the "mistake" will be at risk. Deception opens a nasty can of worms.

I never met my grand father. I never even met my father. That is why my great grand father is more of both to me. It may be stealing in your eyes I guess in a certain way, but then again, that is who is he to me, so that is what I said. I guess they would need birth certificates.

Take care everyone.

Gazelle

Race me!
I never met my grand father. I never even met my father. That is why my great grand father is more of both to me. It may be stealing in your eyes I guess in a certain way, but then again, that is who is he to me, so that is what I said. I guess they would need birth certificates.

Take care everyone.

Stealing is stealing. It's black and white.