Death threats sent to Wisconsin lawmakers

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Cross Plains woman charged with sending death threats to lawmakers

Sixteen Republicans were warned they, families would be killed after vote on union measure

Madison — A 26-year-old woman was charged Thursday with two felony counts and two misdemeanor counts accusing her of making email threats against Wisconsin lawmakers during the height of the battle over Gov. Scott Walker's budget-repair bill.
Katherine R. Windels of Cross Plains was named in a criminal complaint filed in Dane County Circuit Court.
According to the criminal complaint, Windels sent an email threat to state Sen. Robert Cowles (R-Green Bay) on March 9, the day the Senate passed a measure to sharply curtail collective bargaining for public workers. Later that evening, she sent another email to 15 Republican legislators, including Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald (R-Juneau), the complaint says.
The subject of the second email was: "Atten.: Death Threat!!!! Bomb!!!" In that email, she purportedly wrote, "Please put your things in order because you will be killed and your families will also be killed due to your actions in the last 8 weeks."
"I hope you have a good time in hell," she allegedly wrote in the lengthy email that listed scenarios in which the legislators and their families would die, including bombings and by "putting a nice little bullet in your head."
According to the complaint, Windels told investigators, "I sent out emails that I was disgusted and very upset by what they were doing." Asked if she intended to follow through, Windels said, "No," according to the complaint.
Windels was charged with two felony counts of "bomb scare" and two misdemeanor counts of "computer message-threatening injury/bodily harm." Each felony count carries a maximum penalty of three years and six months in prison and a $10,000 fine, and each misdemeanor count carries a maximum penalty of 90 days in prison and a $1,000 fine.
Dane County District Attorney Ismael Ozanne, a Democrat, filed charges just hours after Republican Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen's office expressed concern he'd not done so. Lawyers for Ozanne and Van Hollen are on opposite sides of a case Ozanne filed alleging the collective bargaining law was improperly adopted and should be voided.
WKOW-TV in Madison reported Windels was not in custody. She was expected to be served Friday, with her first court appearance in late April, according to the station's website.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/119037014.html

Babagounj

Strength through joy
26 year-old Katherine R. Windels has been charged for sending emails containing bomb threats and death threats to Wisconsin state senators during the budget battles last month.
Windels was never arrested, but released on her own recognizance. This is surprising, since it now comes to light that she was investigated last year for similar activity. It is not known what she wrote exactly, as police redacted all content of the emails, but an acquaintance, Lisa Patterson, who received the e-mails, felt compelled to take them to the police. The police merely told Windels to cease contact with Patterson.
In this latest caper meanwhile, Windels used the alias “Lisa Patterson.” Vindictiveness perhaps?
Liberty Chick reported at BigGovernment Friday that the Mackinaw Center recently received similar threats from a female caller. Could this be the same person again?
While media outlets have provided scant information about Windels other than her age and physical characteristics, Gateway Pundit and Underground Conservative identified someone of similar description who is a nursery school teacher.
The PeekYou profile of one Katherine A. Windels describes work with Head Start and the Red Caboose daycare center in Madison.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Thats hot!!!!:crazy2:

So far no MSM news has reported this incident...i guess cause its not a Tea Party member or Republican.

bbsam

Staff member
Thats hot!!!!:crazy2:

So far no MSM news has reported this incident...i guess cause its not a Tea Party member or Republican.

How do you know that "no MSM news has reported this incident"? You didn't check, did you? Typed her name in "bing" and guess what came up? Boston Herald article. Greenbay Press Gazette. Just to name a couple.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
How do you know that "no MSM news has reported this incident"? You didn't check, did you? Typed her name in "bing" and guess what came up? Boston Herald article. Greenbay Press Gazette. Just to name a couple.

NBC, ABC, CBS, MSBNC?????:wink2:

Boston Herald and Greenbay Press Gazette are main stream media? I better check with my news paper to see why they didn't pick it up from one of those meccas of information.

Just checked again, still no mention in MSM, including Fox. Didn't see the ones from BH or GPG either.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I am guessing that if it requires reading, it does not constitue MSM for you and trp? How sad. How very, very, sad. What about National Enquirer or the Globe? TV Guide maybe?

It's none of MY doing why Fox made it a video story.....It's a crap shoot....sometimes the stories are to be read, sometimes to be watched and sometimes you can watch an interview and read along below......makes deaf people who are not lip readers happy !!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
So, if the great one (not Gretsky) is on a video spewing all his talking points, you won't watch it because videos are just for the dumb, ignorant folks???

bbsam

Staff member
Boston Herald and Greenbay Press Gazette are main stream media? I better check with my news paper to see why they didn't pick it up from one of those meccas of information.

Just checked again, still no mention in MSM, including Fox. Didn't see the ones from BH or GPG either.

As a matter of fact, I'm guessing that if the Boston Herald and the Greenbay Press Gazette carried it, they probably got it from the (AP). Don't even think to suggest that the Associated Press is not MSM. That's just ludicrous.

As a matter of fact, I'm guessing that if the Boston Herald and the Greenbay Press Gazette carried it, they probably got it from the (AP). Don't even think to suggest that the Associated Press is not MSM. That's just ludicrous.
I get an AP feed on my desktop everyday...never saw anything regarding this. I don't search AP or anything else unless I have something specific to search for. Many times when I see a headline that catches my eye as interesting I will search for other stories on the same topic. It may not be a complete look at the news, but it aint bad nether.

I am guessing that if it requires reading, it does not constitue MSM for you and trp? How sad. How very, very, sad. What about National Enquirer or the Globe? TV Guide maybe?
So do you watch TV news? Do you not read what is posted here? I said I did a search and posted the outcome of said search, I'm pretty sure most of the results were from the printed media. What I find sad...very very sad is that you feel the need to stoop to the same level of a couple of your cronies on here, trying to demean people. I have heard it from your kind many times i.e., The people who watch TV instead of reading books are illiterate morons with short attention span. I know that wasn't what you said, but it IS what you were implying.
Generally when someone mentions the Main Stream Media they are indeed referring to TV news.
I will admit I do not read the local newspaper here, if it doesn't happen in this town or deal with college sports it won't be in our paper. It's a waste of my time.

bbsam

Staff member
I get an AP feed on my desktop everyday...never saw anything regarding this. I don't search AP or anything else unless I have something specific to search for. Many times when I see a headline that catches my eye as interesting I will search for other stories on the same topic. It may not be a complete look at the news, but it aint bad nether.

I typed in "AP Wisconsin death threat" in the bing search. Guess what came up? March 11th story. CBS News had a story. Is that MSM? Does anyone fact-check Newsbusters?

I typed in "AP Wisconsin death threat" in the bing search. Guess what came up? March 11th story. CBS News had a story. Is that MSM? Does anyone fact-check Newsbusters?
I typed in Wisconsin death threat and didn't show anything from CBS, although I didn't go through all 7 pages of possible links.

bbsam

Staff member
I typed in Wisconsin death threat and didn't show anything from CBS, although I didn't go through all 7 pages of possible links.

Try putting the AP in. Was one of the first things to pop up. Also all the outlets that pringed the AP story.

Try putting the AP in. Was one of the first things to pop up. Also all the outlets that pringed the AP story.
I wasn't doubting your word, I was just reporting what I had done and didn't get the same results. Maybe I should use AP in all my searches from now on.