Which offer would you take?

• Ups

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other offer

Votes: 15 78.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

John12345

Hi, I am a female age 29. I am needing some advice on what to expect as a package handler. I have been out of work for nearly 2 years and am not in shape. I'm kinda fearing the worst that I wont be able to handle it but I have thrown freight from a retail store for 5 years preivuosly. What is it like at night? Also I have another job offer, seems much easier at a retail but less pay. Ups would be about 30 mins from my home, vs my other job offer is literally 5 mins away. Does night shift generally work 7:45-2am Sun and m-t 10-4am? Recruiter said these are peak months and to expect to work a lot. I'm guaranteed Supposibly 40 hours at this other job but it wouldn't amount to UPS right now with $75 extra weekly for showing up at work on time. Gas doesn't even make a difference since I drive a car that gets roughly 28 miles a gallon. Oh and my other job offer would be 7am-2:30pm. What job would you take? I'm actually already hired at both but I'm not set to start till next week. Sorry it's very long but I wanted to make this detailed as possible. Please don't think I'm just some dumb girl.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Hi, I am a female age 29. I am needing some advice on what to expect as a package handler. I have been out of work for nearly 2 years and am not in shape. I'm kinda fearing the worst that I wont be able to handle it but I have thrown freight from a retail store for 5 years preivuosly. What is it like at night? Also I have another job offer, seems much easier at a retail but less pay. Ups would be about 30 mins from my home, vs my other job offer is literally 5 mins away. Does night shift generally work 7:45-2am Sun and m-t 10-4am? Recruiter said these are peak months and to expect to work a lot. I'm guaranteed Supposibly 40 hours at this other job but it wouldn't amount to UPS right now with $75 extra weekly for showing up at work on time. Gas doesn't even make a difference since I drive a car that gets roughly 28 miles a gallon. Oh and my other job offer would be 7am-2:30pm. What job would you take? I'm actually already hired at both but I'm not set to start till next week. Sorry it's very long but I wanted to make this detailed as possible. Please don't think I'm just some dumb girl.
Good post! You touched on a lot of things that have not been discussed before. I would take the other job though.

km3

Unless you really need the insurance or tuition reimbursement (if your location offers it; not all do), I'd take the other job. Those are the only things keeping me here at this point.

On the other hand, if you've been trying to get into management in retail, becoming a PT Supervisor at UPS might help. It's a dead end job here, no matter what anyone else promises you, but the experience will make your resume look better.

Your life, your choice.

dudebro

Take both, live in your car for 10 years, sock away 90% of your income, then retire and move to Tijuana and laugh at all of us.

UrFellowUpser

Not a easy job at all sometimes i think is it worth it. I was 288 when i started this past march and now im down to 235. That should give you an idea how physical it is

UPS Preloader

UPS will most likely be temporary and you'll be let go after the holidays. Is the other job permanent? If so, definitely take the other job.

snarts

Sounds to me you won't be able to pull your own weight and be a burden on your co-workers. Take the other job.