Dec. 22. Heaviest day of the year...

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Show me a place that is understaffed and I'll show you a place that has attendance problems. If the lazy teamsters would come to work you would have enough workers. Don't you think management would love to add additional routes and make every day smooth? The problem is Teamsters ruined it for everyone, we were forced to cut routes because we have to make up for the laziness. How can you question a very profitable company that is over 100 years old? That's why your only concern should be your instructions from you supervisor and nothing else. You can't even follow simple instructions yet you think you have the answer to a very successful company that doesn't need answers.
I would have to disagree, understaffed happens when the Gods of UPS havent the intelligence to know everyone shops electronically, even though everything they do is electronic. Sending home, laying off drivers, and then using cover drivers later in the day when OOPS the plan was very wrong we have half the center out til 10. Yea some yr we will get it right, it wont be this one though.

Johney

If we can cars then you must be overstaffed? It's pretty simple
If we can cars? What the heck does that mean? No, not overstaffed they cut cars, give drivers days off then send the rest out with 10 hrs(not all but a lot). Why not add a few more cars and bring the entire dispatch down? Because upper management tells lower management how many cars to put in(you should know that). Even my manager tells me he would love to put in an extra car but was told NO you need to make it work.

Last edited:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
If we can cars? What the heck does that mean? No, not overstaffed they cut cars, give drivers days off then send the rest out with 10 hrs(not all but a lot). Why not add a few more cars and bring the entire dispatch down? Because upper management tells lower management how many cars to put in(you should know that). Even my manager tells me he would love to put in an extra car but was told NO you need to make it work.

The center manager is not the one making it work. It's the drivers running in circles trying to cover work off of the busted routes. UPS..Yes we plan to fail.

Johney

The center manager is not the one making it work. It's the drivers running in circles trying to cover work off of the busted routes. UPS..Yes we plan to fail.
Oh I know it's us that make it work, but that's what is told to the center team by the higher ups. They are told run 80 cars today when in reality to give everyone a decent dispatch they need to run 88 cars. You get the point right?

UPSGUY72

u18.gif
u18.gif

UPSSOCKS

It's all about your definition of fail... When a bunch of teamsters think something is wrong, it ends up being a good business decision.

UPSSOCKS

I meant cut cars and we never send someone out with ten hours. Drivers leave with 9 hours and because they are lazy and can't follow methods they come back in with ten hours. If they would do the job the way they are supposed to and the way the good workers do they would come in probably at 8.5

Johney

I meant cut cars(Ok I thought that's what you meant) and we never send someone out with ten hours.(Really? That's funny because 85% of our center was dispatched with 10+ hours yesterday....dispatched,oh except the drivers with helpers which aren't supposed to be used after Jan 1. Hmmm.Had they had to do it themselves.... well you get the point.) Drivers leave with 9 hours and because they are lazy and can't follow methods they come back in with ten hours.(Not every driver is a slug,although I will agree with you that a few are.A very few.) If they would do the job the way they are supposed to and the way the good workers do they would come in probably at 8.5(I like to consider myself one of those good workers, I run scratch or better everyday but a 9 hr dispatch this time of year? That's a dream).

UPSSOCKS

I bet your proud of being a good worker? I also bet if what you claim is true, you have a decent relationship with your SUP and center manager. You are one of the people that help keep the ship afloat, you are also one of the people that are affected by the "slugs" You have to understand "bad employees made it this way." The company is forced to plan around the worthless workers here. The TEAMSTERS actually made UPS a tougher place to work.

Johney

I bet your proud of being a good worker?(Proud? Not really I just do what I'm paid to do) I also bet if what you claim is true, you have a decent relationship with your SUP(yes) and center manager(very rarely talk to center manager). You are one of the people that help keep the ship afloat(thank you), you are also one of the people that are affected by the "slugs"(the slugs still have to do as much as me,some just don't have as good of an allowance) You have to understand "bad employees made it this way(that also includes some management)." The company is forced to plan around the worthless workers here. The TEAMSTERS actually made UPS a tougher place to work.(May be in your eyes, but to me the Teamsters got me a nice wage and benefit package. Now I don't expect UPS to give it away I do expect to work for that, sometimes hard)