Dec 26th Air and Int'l only?

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by jordanovich, Nov 23, 2014.

1. braun von liefermeister

braun von liefermeister Will Contact ASAP

I saw an "official" UPS peak calendar posted in my center that showed December 26th as "Air and International deliveries only with normal pickup service"

Anybody else know anything about this? Haven't seen it brought up in any other discussions. Having the day after Christmas off would definitely make up for working Black Friday...
  2. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Same as it ever was.
  3. Dont worry,plent of routes will be cut.
  4. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

I won't be in that day. Never have. Never will.
  5. Easy day!
  6. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Easy day? So just a normal day then.
  7. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

Agreed...I haven't worked the 26th in a few years.
  8. Every day is easy. only hard,if you let them beat you down.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

Very true words my friend. Send me out with 800 stops and 52 pickups if you'd like. I can only do what I can do. And I will follow all safety rules and methods and you can figure out how to cover all the pick ups or what to do with all the stops that will be missed. I will be working at same efficient safe pace I was if I had 100 stops.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. braun von liefermeister

braun von liefermeister Will Contact ASAP

Damn, it's always been a normal day around here. Silly me for thinking something actually changed for the better!
  11. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Air, send agains, whatever ground is in the system and full pickup service.

I hope to have the day off as I am hoping that my daughter has given birth by then and I will be able to see my new granddaughter.
  12. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

Congrats in advance, Upstate!
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

This is because there are no pickups on the 24th, Christmas Eve. Theoretically, all packages will be delivered. With no pickups this day, there will be no "new" packages for delivery on the 26th. Only airs that moved and send agains.

Then the normal pickups. A lot of centers like to have people start in the afternoon and just do their pickups and only work 3-4 hours. A lot of routes are cut.
  14. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

BS day. Sometimes worse then peak. Clean up the garbage and make pickups for 3 routes all scheduled at the same time.
  15. brostalss

brostalss Active Member

You gotta love it when they get "creative" last year on the 26th, every route around me had about 75 to 85 stops. I had 162. Probably had to do with the fact I was in and off the clock by 6:30pm Christmas Eve. Oh well.
  16. I wouldn't say that for everywhere. We have a plan for pickups on Christmas eve in my center this year.
  17. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

There are a few prearranged pickups, but unless they are air, they're not going anywhere. Most shippers realize that anything picked up Christmas eve will not be delivered until after Christmas.

I doubt that there are any hubs working Christmas eve to sort packages with the exception of SDFAS. So any ground picked up on the 24th will not be delivered on the 26th.
  18. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Which means do all my pickups on time and the rest when I get there.