Dec 26th Air and Int'l only?

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
I saw an "official" UPS peak calendar posted in my center that showed December 26th as "Air and International deliveries only with normal pickup service"

Anybody else know anything about this? Haven't seen it brought up in any other discussions. Having the day after Christmas off would definitely make up for working Black Friday...

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Every day is easy. only hard,if you let them beat you down.
Very true words my friend. Send me out with 800 stops and 52 pickups if you'd like. I can only do what I can do. And I will follow all safety rules and methods and you can figure out how to cover all the pick ups or what to do with all the stops that will be missed. I will be working at same efficient safe pace I was if I had 100 stops.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
Damn, it's always been a normal day around here. Silly me for thinking something actually changed for the better!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Air, send agains, whatever ground is in the system and full pickup service.

I hope to have the day off as I am hoping that my daughter has given birth by then and I will be able to see my new granddaughter.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I saw an "official" UPS peak calendar posted in my center that showed December 26th as "Air and International deliveries only with normal pickup service"

Anybody else know anything about this? Haven't seen it brought up in any other discussions. Having the day after Christmas off would definitely make up for working Black Friday...
This is because there are no pickups on the 24th, Christmas Eve. Theoretically, all packages will be delivered. With no pickups this day, there will be no "new" packages for delivery on the 26th. Only airs that moved and send agains.

Then the normal pickups. A lot of centers like to have people start in the afternoon and just do their pickups and only work 3-4 hours. A lot of routes are cut.

brostalss

BS day. Sometimes worse then peak. Clean up the garbage and make pickups for 3 routes all scheduled at the same time.

You gotta love it when they get "creative" last year on the 26th, every route around me had about 75 to 85 stops. I had 162. Probably had to do with the fact I was in and off the clock by 6:30pm Christmas Eve. Oh well.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I wouldn't say that for everywhere. We have a plan for pickups on Christmas eve in my center this year.
There are a few prearranged pickups, but unless they are air, they're not going anywhere. Most shippers realize that anything picked up Christmas eve will not be delivered until after Christmas.

I doubt that there are any hubs working Christmas eve to sort packages with the exception of SDFAS. So any ground picked up on the 24th will not be delivered on the 26th.