December in July

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by MassWineGuy, Jul 11, 2015.

1. MassWineGuy

MassWineGuy Active Member

On Wednesday Amazon is having a huge anniversary sale especially for Prime members. We on the purple side predict some fairly big volume spike.

2. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Depends on the deals but I don't see it being all that special.

For one Amazon processing has gotten terrible. That one day of orders will likely be spread out over 4-5 days. Also they aren't all day deals. I have prime and would maybe take advantage but I'm not going to be glued to my phone for 1 hour flash deals b

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Wouldn't you be working that day?

Oh, that's right---you are a part time driver.

4. Number24

Number24 #24

Thanks Amazon.

5. Brownslave688

Yes I'll be working and I'm saying that's the problem.

While if it were an all day deal I could take advantage come lunch time or paid break time I can't be glued to my phone all day looking for while supplies last deals.

6. whenpigsfly

whenpigsfly New Member

Amazon must be garbage in your area, I've experienced no such delays in processing. Or you order off the wall imported Chinese sex toys.

7. margaritaville

margaritaville Active Member

I use to be an amazon addict but now ive run out of things to buy on there even if there are crazy deals. Like i have everything under 500$ i could want. Anything else i want is over 500$ and i wouldnt purchase online.

8. Brownslave688

My last 4-5 things I have ordered that were "prime" have taken anywhere from 1-4 days to even be shipped.

9. UpstateNYUPSer

image.jpg

My Father's Day gifts, all from Amazon, were delivered on the following Tuesday and Wednesday (Surepost).

10. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1436667566.987559.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  11. Orion inc.

Orion inc. I like turtles

I bet he still follows the actual methods better than you and doesn't work for "free" on lunch or coming in early and sorting off the clock giving UPS thousands in free labor.

Kind of like what you do?

He might be a part time driver but he's probably still doing better than you in that regard.

Nice attempt at a jab though. Just make sure you're not living in a glasshouse Mr glasshouse.

12. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

He's a hell of a personality on here that's for sure. Guys makes me laugh.

13. Orion inc.

Amazon isn't the cheapest or the fastest anymore. They've become so big that I think they lost sight of that. There's better deals online elsewhere now.

14. Brownslave688

I'm most certainly full time.

He's trying to get a cheap laugh because I take a lot of dead days.

15. Orion inc.

I'm not a dead day guy but if you can afford it who cares? My wife makes way more than me but I still am the type to just work like I do. I like routine and I like being ahead of the game.

She always tells me to take a day here or there. It's just the way I was raised with my work ethic from my father.

16. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

I know it would be just terrible, and possibly offend someone, if you displayed an American flag on the back porch/deck of your condo.........

17. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Amazon gives $1.00 music/video credits if you select no rush shipping. I generally choose it simply because I price watch items and wait for price drops. If you add items to your wish list you can track the prices as they move down. Another helpful site is http://camelcamelcamel.com

It gives price history on items and when items go on sale by the month.

18. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

And here I thought you liked dead lays. My bad.

19. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

But on topic, I already have an option day scheduled for Friday so go ahead and let all those Prime orders be made. I'll be off.

20. UpstateNYUPSer

It is a running joke on this forum that Brownslave likes to take a lot of dead days.