Declaration of Management Commitment to Safety

browned out

This is/was a form UPS has management fill out stating their commitment to safety. Does UPS still use this or have they changed this form and use something new. HABITS, CHSP, and other programs have either merged or changed in some way.

8up

the forms i saw stacked on my div mgr desk last week still had the 2011 date on them. then i overheard one of the new safety guys saying it was last years form with seven items and they would need to get the new 2012 form with 8 items on it. seems to be that he should be the one to get the new form for the rest of the group. Knowledge bears responcibility. Everyone running around scraping together stuff for a possible Ketter Audit. Operation goes for months with nothing , then goes to frantic stuffing binders with paperwork for the audit team. No body is safer, but the binders look nice.

menotyou

bella amicizia
That is why if they don't care to take the time to train all that safety drivel, I have no problem looking at anyone from the ketter gig and saying, "don't know. Wasn't trained.". It's not my ass.

BLACKBALLED

Every employee should know about the 5 keys to preventing slips and falls, the 8 keys to lifting and lowering, bmw, where to assemble in an emergency how to handle a hazmat package etc... the supervisors sometimes need to be reminded, they need to have pcms on a daily basis and the reason management panics when they rumor to have a keter audit is becaue HR tells them to. Safety is a choice that all browm employees should follow and the excuse my supervisor or manager never trained me is hogwash, if you have been with the company for years and use that excuse then shame on you! And shame on mamagement for the newbies if they are not trained, that should be one of the first things that happens when they get hired.

menotyou

bella amicizia
When they ask new hires to learn it on their own time, that is when I have had my fill. I have seen this with my own eyes. shame on them, I say!

GolfCart

I sign NOTHING unless its DOT . They have been passing out forms for WEEKS at my hub , even a book on how to do your job , FUNNY !!! REFUSE TO SIGN !!!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
It has been drilled into our heads for so long, I found I know it. I was warned last night to be ready to be interviewed, and I though cool, I dont have to hide this time. But at 830, no one wanted to interview me, or for that matter hear anything I wanted to talk about.

curiousbrain

This is/was a form UPS has management fill out stating their commitment to safety. Does UPS still use this or have they changed this form and use something new. HABITS, CHSP, and other programs have either merged or changed in some way.

To the original question, yes, management are still required to know it - at least where I am in North Atlantic. I find that the various DOK, MC statement, etc vary from locale to locale - for example, my understanding is that the 5 keys acronym that I was expected to know (WELD-M) is entirely different elsewhere.

I might add that it is pitiful how few supervisors know the actual statement and the sub-points; if you take away that questionnaire form, most can't recite the 8 keys/5 keys/8 rules, either. That, albeit a small gripe in the grand scheme of things, is a terrible reflection of the culture of lower management that I currently reside in.

Integrity

Binge Poster
browned out,

Yes they still have this form.

You can find it on upsers.com.

Click on the My Life and My Career tab then

Click on the H.R. Service Center then

Click on Health and Safety then

Click on Safety and Wellness.

You will see on the right a PDF file titled: Declaration of Management Committment.

Sincerely,
I

working up a sweat

In my hub, they want you to recite the 8 and 5 keys in the proper order. About 90% know all the keys and only 25% can recite them in order that is written down on the sheet. Heck, this is nit picking to having to get them order. Over half of all injuries here are in small sort. There has not been one injury in unload here in years(toughest physical job). Small sort is the easiest physical job.

menotyou

bella amicizia
In my hub, they want you to recite the 8 and 5 keys in the proper order. About 90% know all the keys and only 25% can recite them in order that is written down on the sheet. Heck, this is nit picking to having to get them order. Over half of all injuries here are in small sort. There has not been one injury in unload here in years(toughest physical job). Small sort is the easiest physical job.
Repetition is a killer.

BCFan

management is nuckin futz!!!! I refuse to learn that dribble ....LOL cant do a thing to us for not being a human computer!!! BC

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

management is nuckin futz!!!! I refuse to learn that dribble ....LOL cant do a thing to us for not being a human computer!!! BC

Thanks for proving that unions promote mediocrity.

Dribble is something you do with a ball.

Drivel is trivial information we are required to memorize.

menotyou

bella amicizia