Dehydrated?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by TooTechie, Jul 29, 2015.

1. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

So I weighed myself yesterday after work and again today after work. I lost 8.1 lbs since yesterday. I drank 2 bottled waters today, a 64 oz Gatorade G2 and two 12 oz cans of diet mt dew (yeah I know the sodium in soda is working against me, but that's my caffeine source).
    When I saw the 8lb drop in one day I have been chugging water and have had four 20 oz glasses of sugar free kool aid since I got home.
    We had a couple guys have dehydration issues in the last couple days here and one guy who apparently hydrated too much some how...
    I felt a little light headed today, but just figured it was the super hot weather. Guess I'll try to drink more water tomorrow.

2. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Retire.

Drink beer.

Problem solved.;)

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

That is the only good thing about all the sweating. But Lord today I couldnt drink enough. I think I drank 1/2 gal at least of water with ice. Trust me it didnt keep ice in it very long. So a 44 oz glass, with ice and water x4, thats a lot.(not good at math, is that a gallon?) +or - an ounce here and there. But the minute I headed home, and quit sweating it out, boy I had to pee quick and in a hurry!!

4. No beer?

5. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

talking about at work. Seriously, no beer? You sound like my husband. Blah blah , you shouldnt drink when its this hot.....And my response, well you can guess.

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  6. Trashing some cold ones now.

7. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

The heat index was 110 here today. It sucked.

8. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

I take 4 quarts of water in my cooler. I usually refill one on route and have at least 2 glasses of water with lunch. Drinking pop or anything with caffeine will wreck all your efforts to stay hydrated.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Hey! Somebody else that knows what "pop" is!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  10. Orion inc.

Orion inc. I like turtles

You're not getting enough water. In this heat and humidity with our work, your muscles need a gallon or so a day at work.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  11. How much beer?

• Beer Beer x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

First part of the summer I was parking the truck in partial shade and leaving it closed up and hung out in a business in A/C for my lunch hour. When we hit the 90+ weather I started parking on a side street with heavy tree cover in the shade with the doors open. I don't get the A/C but the back of the truck is a lot easier to take after lunch.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Also dumped the melted ice in my cooler over my head a few times. Felt nice.

14. I have a frozen food place on my route. It's minus 20. Walked in the freezer, my sweat soaked shirt instantly froze...lol

15. fres431

fres431 Active Member

Eat pickles the night before and mustard packets during the shift no cramping here

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. M
    Midol?

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

You've got to drink more. I drink that 64 ounce Gatorade before I even make it into work.

While you need to stay hydrated at work what you drink the night before and the morning before work is even more important. That's when you are hydrating yourself.

18. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1438225468.329335.jpg

I freeze these every night, I have ice water all day. I usually drop about five pounds from what I weigh in the morning and what I weigh when I get home.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. box_beeyotch

box_beeyotch Well-Known Member

So you mean to tell me none of you drink coffee in the morning before work?

20. fres431

fres431 Active Member

Gatorade and vodka before work!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • List