Dehydrated?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Why can't people function by themselves anymore? Past generations would crack up if someone told them to hydrate.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I don't even think you need that much water. We are really getting wimpy. Maybe it's because of air conditioning?

ibleedbrown

a banana is as good as a gatorade. drink water before, during and after work! fruits like cucumbers and watermelon are great for hydration..go easy on alcohol and caffeine they will dehydrate u and make u sweat more.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Last I checked I got paid the same as most the other members here. (Full time of course) And I get paid by the hour. I only work as hard as needed to get the job done.
+1
If the minimum wasn't good enough it wouldn't be the minimum.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I keep a cold low sodium V-8 ,small bottle of 2% chocolate milk, some G2 Gatorade or powerade zero and water. Also some cold green tea. I've heard about pedialyte but I'll have to try that. I'm in a very hot and high humidity area where it can get dangerous quick even if the sun isn't out. You can be soaked in sweat in 5 minutes in the back of the truck. I've found bringing extra dry uniforms helps to cool your skin down.

Also a doctor told me to take gel ice packs and when feeling overheated, put on your arteries to cool your body down faster.

Overpaid Union Thug

I keep a cold low sodium V-8 ,small bottle of 2% chocolate milk, some G2 Gatorade or powerade zero and water. Also some cold green tea. I've heard about pedialyte but I'll have to try that. I'm in a very hot and high humidity area where it can get dangerous quick even if the sun isn't out. You can be soaked in sweat in 5 minutes in the back of the truck. I've found bringing extra dry uniforms helps to cool your skin down.

Also a doctor told me to take gel ice packs and when feeling overheated, put on your arteries to cool your body down faster.
Doing something as simple as rubbing an ice cold bottle around your neck before opening it can be affective. I do that every time I get a new drink out of my cooler. I make sure i get plenty of ice water on my arteries. I've tried keeping a towel that was dipped in ice water around my neck before but that just gets annoying.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Doing something as simple as rubbing an ice cold bottle around your neck before opening it can be affective. I do that every time I get a new drink out of my cooler. I make sure i get plenty of ice water on my arteries. I've tried keeping a towel that was dipped in ice water around my neck before but that just gets annoying.
Lol you wouldn't like my solution then.

Go
To the bathroom remove my shirt. Soak it in cold water then put it back on.

JL 0513

I drink 64 oz of Powerade/Gatorade, 1 ltr of water, and 3 cans of diet soda (1 w/lunch).

Water keeps me thirsty and my mouth dry. Some are saying Gatorade, etc is just good marketing. No, it actually is great for hydration. Nothing comes close for me. It's half the sugar as fruit juice or soda. When you're burning through tons of calories on a hot day, those moderate sugars are beneficial.