Delaware Republican Senate Primary and the Riddle of the RINO

brett636

So in the Republican Primary for Joe Biden's old Senate seat we had an election between a RINO(Republican in Name only), and a Conservative tea party candidate. The tea party candidate won, and now the republican establishment is all boohooing over the fact that the tea party candidate is a long shot at winning in the General election. Karl Rove is going on TV constantly bashing Christie O'Donnell because in his mind she just cost the GOP a Senate Seat. Initially the National Republican Senatorial Committee refused to support O'Donnell, but has since changed their tune.

The Establishment mentality is really showing it's true colors among the Republican elite. They would rather have someone in office who has an R next to their name, but votes as if they had a D instead of someone who votes as a true conservative should. They are effectively saying "Unless our anointed candidate gets selected the voters can go piss off." Personally I want a democrat in a seat who acts as a democrat, than a republican who acts like a democrat even if that means allowing the dems another 2 years with a Senate majority. The only way the Republicans can define themselves as different from the democrats is to have candidates with strong conservative ideals, and Mike Castle was not a conservative by any stretch of the imagination.

We have gone down this RINO path many times before and lost. Its all because of RINO's that we are having this debate on renewing the Bush tax cuts. Its all because of RINOs that the republican party became the democrat lite party in the middle of last decade and lost control of congress. Its because of a particular RINO (John McCain) that Barack Obama is in office today. The RINO path is a losing path and history proves this yet established republican elitists think it is the future of the republican party, and if they are right the future of the republicans will be similar to that of the Whigs.

I applaud the Delaware voters for voting in a true conservative candidate. Should she lose at least we know what kind of politician is going to Washington. If she wins the same will hold true. I am not sure about the rest of you, but I am damned tired of politicans like John McCain, Olympia Snowe, Susan Collins, and Mike Castle who will "reach across the aisle" only to support the other side. That is not how this country moves forward! To allow a RINO to be in office is akin to allowing a democrat in that same seat, and the people have said "NO MORE!" by voting out Mike Castle.

With any luck Christie will pull out another come from behind win and shutup the whiners like Karl Rove who only wants their hand picked candidates in office. Its time for the people to decide who runs this nation, not a handful of political party leaders.

tourists24

Just how exactly is any candidate supposed to "reach across the aisle" and "compromise" to begin with? Compromise how? or what? hmmm

brett636

There has to be some give and take when deciding policy. This country was built upon compromise as the Constitution is a document full of them. Compromising does NOT mean voting for cap and tax, gun control, and standing against repealing this debacle of the health care reform law that the majority of Americans disapprove of. Mike Castle is a democrat in Republican clothing, and there is no doubt about that. So far he has refused to congratulate O'Donnell, endorse her, and has even had his campaign sending out articles bashing her after she won. Just like a democrat Castle has no class. What is worse is some republican leaders have shown that they want the tea party support, but without the tea party candidates. Thankfully the people have not gone along with their "We know who is best for you" attitude.

bbsam

Staff member
But she's against masterbation! How does one vote for that? Will it be outlawed? These are the questions that need to be answered. The American people need to know.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
But she's against masterbation! How does one vote for that? Will it be outlawed? These are the questions that need to be answered. The American people need to know.

Hey BB...give yourself a hand...or two hands and Google Masterbation (make sure you spell it correctly) since your so good at it. :wink2:

tourists24

Does this mean her opponent is going to be the pro masterbation candidate?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
This seat was supposed to be "held " for Joe Biden's kid.
The plan was to put a straw holder in it until he could run , thus securing the seat for the rest of his life.
How could these voters spoil the master plan.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I found this.....

"The winner in November will fill out the remaining four years of Biden's final term. Biden stepped down from the Senate after his election in November 2008 as vice president. Former Biden aide Ted Kaufman was named as an interim replacement, and is not seeking a full term. After much speculation that he would run for his father's old seat, Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden announced in late January that he would instead run for re-election as Delaware attorney general."

diesel96

So in the Republican Primary for Joe Biden's old Senate seat we had an election between a RINO(Republican in Name only), and a Conservative tea party candidate. The tea party candidate won, and now the republican establishment is all boohooing over the fact that the tea party candidate is a long shot at winning in the General election. Karl Rove is going on TV constantly bashing Christie O'Donnell because in his mind she just cost the GOP a Senate Seat. Initially the National Republican Senatorial Committee refused to support O'Donnell, but has since changed their tune.

The Establishment mentality is really showing it's true colors among the Republican elite. They would rather have someone in office who has an R next to their name, but votes as if they had a D instead of someone who votes as a true conservative should. They are effectively saying "Unless our anointed candidate gets selected the voters can go piss off." Personally I want a democrat in a seat who acts as a democrat, than a republican who acts like a democrat even if that means allowing the dems another 2 years with a Senate majority. The only way the Republicans can define themselves as different from the democrats is to have candidates with strong conservative ideals, and Mike Castle was not a conservative by any stretch of the imagination.

We have gone down this RINO path many times before and lost. Its all because of RINO's that we are having this debate on renewing the Bush tax cuts. Its all because of RINOs that the republican party became the democrat lite party in the middle of last decade and lost control of congress. Its because of a particular RINO (John McCain) that Barack Obama is in office today. The RINO path is a losing path and history proves this yet established republican elitists think it is the future of the republican party, and if they are right the future of the republicans will be similar to that of the Whigs.

I applaud the Delaware voters for voting in a true conservative candidate. Should she lose at least we know what kind of politician is going to Washington. If she wins the same will hold true. I am not sure about the rest of you, but I am damned tired of politicans like John McCain, Olympia Snowe, Susan Collins, and Mike Castle who will "reach across the aisle" only to support the other side. That is not how this country moves forward! To allow a RINO to be in office is akin to allowing a democrat in that same seat, and the people have said "NO MORE!" by voting out Mike Castle.

With any luck Christie will pull out another come from behind win and shutup the whiners like Karl Rove who only wants their hand picked candidates in office. Its time for the people to decide who runs this nation, not a handful of political party leaders.

I feel your pain......But don't fret Bret, your RINO's aren't half as bad as Blue Dogs.....:cheer_up:
I'm anxious to see if Christie has command of the issues by a locally televised debate with her opponent before the elections. Or is she going down the road that Palin is advising her...

Speak through Fox News,”

What is worse is some republican leaders have shown that they want the tea party support, but without the tea party candidates. Thankfully the people have not gone along with their "We know who is best for you" attitude.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm not worried. I think the Delaware lady will have full Republican support. The # of people that voted was a record number for a mid term primary. She could still win !!

brett636

I feel your pain......But don't fret Bret, your RINO's aren't half as bad as Blue Dogs.....:cheer_up:
I'm anxious to see if Christie has command of the issues by a locally televised debate with her opponent before the elections. Or is she going down the road that Palin is advising her...

Speak through Fox News,”

If the blue dogs had done their job the healthcare bill would never had passed. Fortunately for you they folded like a house of cards under a little pressure, and voted for it. RINO's don't come to their senses until they get a decent challenge from inside their own party like John McCain and his sudden realization that amnesty is not popular in this country. Every RINO is trying to tell the public how conservative they are when in fact its all a charade to get re-elected. In some cases the voting public have fallen for it, in others they haven't. I just can't wait till the general election to get an idea of whether the American people are interested in a constitutional government ,or a tyrannical one.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Cartoon%20-%20Cast%20a%20Spell%20-%20ALG%20%28500%29.jpg